Port Fourchon storm status

Anyone know status on Port Fouchon? Looks like Issac is headed straight for it. No one on weather channel seems to know it is the main hub for the GOM offshore industry.

Tried looking for a web cam for Fourchon, but the closest one listed was in NO.

I know a few boats stayed there. Must be somebody on them with internet.

My vessel departed yesterday about 1000. Saw a lot of Crosby tugs still moored in slip B. lots of MODUs in the channel as well. Anyone riding it out?

Well here’s the LOOP and Bacteria Bay from earlier it ain’t looking good!

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;80307]Anyone know status on Port Fouchon? Looks like Issac is headed straight for it. No one on weather channel seems to know it is the main hub for the GOM offshore industry.[/QUOTE]

Fourchon is completely underwater with large waves crashing through the port. 10’-15’ I hear.

The center of Isaac is going over Grand Isle right now… The eye is very large. Winds are 74 MPH in Galliano. Isaac shifted more to the West, so it will go right over Lafourche and Terrebonne parish. It will take 36 hours to move across the area because it is moving so slow.
Mayor Comardelle in Grand Isle just said “All hell has broken loose here.”

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;80319] Bacteria Bay [/QUOTE]

Is that near the Houma Sewage Canal or Bayoo la Flush?

I wonder is this graphic will embed?

You know the more I think about it, the more this is Gustav all over again!

One of my crew members just received a text from a guy on a jack up in Flotation Canal who said there were 15 foot seas in the port. Completely underwater.

Kevin Gros Offshore has 3 of their boats tied up to the dock in Port Fourchon. One of the guys just sent me an email telling me it is 80 MPH there right now.
Looks like we will get hammered in Raceland around 7:00 am. 75 mph winds and gusts of 92 mph.
Who would have known that Isaac would find this path?

Taken in slip B at 1800, says the caption. Got this from gCaptain FB post.

Wow. Glad we decided to bugout.

Unfortunately the webcam in fourchon is now an aquarium cam. Be safe down there playing around with Isaac

From the looks of rjbpilot picture, extensive damage to docks and buildings are likely. I don’t see business as usual anytime soon.

How is everyone that stayed or got stuck in south Louisana doing this morning?

In Mobile we had a tidal surge of maybe 3 or 4 feet, alot of rain last night, wind is still blowing, but minimal damage here, mostly just tree limbs down.

Hope everyone is safe over there.

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;80358]From the looks of rjbpilot picture, extensive damage to docks and buildings are likely. I don’t see business as usual anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

WOW! Fourchon is catching hell from Isaac. This storm is barely moving which was not the case with Gustav. It is very fortunate that the storm is only Cat 1 but there’s still going to be a huge mess down there after this passes…

This is the latest radar image. Looks like the eye is over Houma right now

Hours after Hurricane Isaac made a second landfall near Port Fourchon in Lafourche Parish, just west of Grand Isle, at around 2:15 a.m., its executive director said high winds had caused “minimal damage, some debris on the road,” but that nearby Louisiana Highway 3090 was submerged in about a foot of water.
Mississippi from Leake Ave.
Enlarge Maggie Calmes, Community Producer, NOLA.com The view of the Mississippi River from Army Corps headquarters on Leake Avenue at around 6 pm. The water was suddenly high. Hurricane Isaac: Photos from the Field gallery (13 photos)

St. Tammany Fire District No. 1 Command Center
Working into the night
(In)accu-weather.
Media room, Jefferson Parish
Hurricane Birthday

As of this report around 0630, everything is intact. Will pass on any news I receive. We are anchored off Galveston waiting to return to Fourchon.

“Now we’re bracing for the second half of this storm,” Chett Chiasson, executive director for the Greater Lafourche Port Commission, said at about 6:45 a.m.

Speaking from the South Lafourche Levee District office in Galliano, Chiasson said an inspection at the port – the launching pad for about 90 percent of the deepwater activities in the Gulf of Mexico – about three hours earlier showed no sign of downed power lines in the area. “That should help,” Chiasson said. "Hopefully, if that remains the case, that should help get power up and running quicker.

“But again, we have the second half of the storm coming in, and we need to brace ourselves and get ready for that in case that’s where things end up.”

We’re good in Morgan City. Breezy (about 52mph, nearest weather station I can find) and wet, but so far so good. Wonder how Grand Isle is making it through?

All good in Cameron I got it maxed out at 33kt no rain.

Damn, check this video out. From 8pm last night.