Watching TS Isaac from the sidelines

Been off for almost a week and in that time, I’ve been watching TS Isaac getting steadily closer to the heart of things. Just wondering what happening there with y’all? I suspect everything in starting to shut down and scatter.

We’re gettin a deckload of Shells stuff @ C-Port 2, then heading west, probably Sabine or Galveston. The mass exodus of Fourchon has begun.

This is the one time I feel lucky to be loading in New Iberia and we got word last night to stay here.

The mass exodus has definitely begun!

I am heading Southwest!! No destination just cruising!

@fraqrat what app is that?

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t Isaac look a lot like Gustav did back in 2009? For that one, we ended up in the River and sat at the Gov. Nicholls wharf at the foot of Esplanade. They evacuated the city for that one and it was more than eerie to be sitting there like that in a completely empty New Orleans.

[QUOTE=c.captain;80138]Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t Isaac look a lot like Gustav did back in 2009? For that one, we ended up in the River and sat at the Gov. Nicholls wharf at the foot of Esplanade. They evacuated the city for that one and it was more than eerie to be sitting there like that in a completely empty New Orleans.[/QUOTE]

Were all the saloons closed?

[QUOTE=c.captain;80138]Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t Isaac look a lot like Gustav did back in 2009? For that one, we ended up in the River and sat at the Gov. Nicholls wharf at the foot of Esplanade. They evacuated the city for that one and it was more than eerie to be sitting there like that in a completely empty New Orleans.[/QUOTE]

Were all the beer joints closed?

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;80143]Were all the saloons closed?[/QUOTE]

Sadly yes. The whole French Quarter was abandoned and patrolled by National Guard…

Couldn’t even legally leave the wharf. A very odd experience. We had no trouble though with wind or water level alto it did rise a bit. Houma took the brunt of that one but in all it wasn’t too strong of a hurricane. I think Cat 1 only. Fourchon got tore up a bit but it was the next storm “Ike” which really messed it up down there. Flooded the port with about 10’ of surge. Lots of trailers put up on stilts after that.

Marine Traffic… Looks like it thinned out

What’s happening out there this morning?

I am at home in Mobie just a little wind and some rain nothing really to be concerned about where I am.

I was out on a 4 Point DSV in the Vermilion Area. We left on Sunday night. A bit of a boat parade going to Cameron. . . .

Patches of blue in the sky at Cameron this morning, otherwise high overcast. Wind NNE 20 - 30.

We came into Cameron early last evening, and had no problem finding a spot to hide out.

Even saw the pink dolphin!

Just talked to one of my lady friends that’s at work in down town Mobile not far from the state docks. No street flooding, just a little wind, a little rain, even some sunshine blasting through for a minute, here and there.

If it is not flooding the streets in down town Mobile it aint much of a storm. atleast not here.

Overcast and windy in Morgan City area.

Hundreds anchored over here in Galveston. We’re loading out of here now for the Discoverer Spirit coming here from Brazil. Should be here in a few days. It stopped off San Juan for storm to clear.

Pic of when we departed Fourchon…

Currently in the Sabine Pass fairway anchorage.

My wife said this transformer was knocked over at my house in Mobile.