Port Fourchon AT&T Service Complaints

I’d like to, but a comparable data plan costs quite a bit more. Everywhere else I go AT&T is fine and I only pay $70/mon. Most likely when I get a raise.

[ATTACH]3754[/ATTACH]

Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

It all started about 9 months ago for me. I would have to disable my data and then reenable it and I could use my phone or turn it into a hotspot for 1-2 hours and then it would get constipated again. This hitch though has been ridiculous. Constipated data at all hours of the day and night. I think everyone onboard my vessel has the same complaint; Port Fourchon just doesn’t have reliable data. I’ve called and complained to customer service and asked all of my crew to do so.

Anyone know if AT&T will let you cut back a smartphone to 500mb/month plan? I know you can’t turn data off for a smartphone entirely. I just got a T Mobile hot spot so we’ll see how their service is after brown santa drops it off. Took me about 45 minutes of disabling and reenabling my data on my AT&T phone to get it to check out.

I was contacted by AT&T after filing a BBB complaint. They asked for my location and made a " trouble ticket" and said I would be contacted soon by technical services. I explained that many people are experiencing this and they need to address it. No call backs yet after a week.

I had everyone on the boat contact ATT tech support and get a ticket started. The only way they’ll fix it is if they get a shit load of complaints in a short period of time. The girl on the phone said the have been getting lots of complaints about the Fourchon/Golden Meadow towers.

Great news. Yes, all need to contact them ASAP. This needs to be resolved. We are getting shafted here.

I was told today by AT&T that they have a team dispatched to the area to determine tower positions and to check on the reported outages in their service. They said I would receive a call on 11/4 with a detailed report of their findings. I hope this is really happening.

For what it’s worth Verizon works quite well in Fourchon. Then I have a broadpoint phone that works on the offshore towers 500min a month for 100 that was my solution to the problem. AT&T is like any company they look at the bottom line. Move to a new carrier you will get better service and AT&T gets less money. Then by default your helping the people left with AT&T by reducing the load on the towers. Just my thoughts but then again I am the type to find a solution to my problem rather than bitch about it.

AT&T got back to me today. They said they have no plans at this time to add more towers to the Port Fourchon area. I told her that I would be promptly switching to Verizon and I am sure hundreds of more customers would be doing the same. With that she said they are taking this very seriously but that was not enough to convince me. I have been not getting the service I am paying for.

[QUOTE=“Tom B;123514”]For what it’s worth Verizon works quite well in Fourchon. Then I have a broadpoint phone that works on the offshore towers 500min a month for 100 that was my solution to the problem. AT&T is like any company they look at the bottom line. Move to a new carrier you will get better service and AT&T gets less money. Then by default your helping the people left with AT&T by reducing the load on the towers. Just my thoughts but then again I am the type to find a solution to my problem rather than bitch about it.[/QUOTE]

Hey don’t be telling everyone about this…now they’ll switch and slow us down…lol

Sorry ill try not to do that again.

Mother.
Fuckers.

Now I am vexed. I have been suffering from reduced speeds the whole time I am in South Louisiana, and now I get this message from these fucking assholes today???

I have their $30 a month unlimited data plan, which I have had for YEARS now, started with an iPhone 3 6 or 7 years ago now … Calling these shitheads now.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;124040]Mother.
Fuckers.

Now I am vexed. I have been suffering from reduced speeds the whole time I am in South Louisiana, and now I get this message from these fucking assholes today???

I have their $30 a month unlimited data plan, which I have had for YEARS now, started with an iPhone 3 6 or 7 years ago now … Calling these shitheads now.[/QUOTE]

You just now got that? For those that have the unlimited data plan and were smart enough how to figure a root, or iPhone crack, data has been throttled over a certain amount ever since the hot spot feature was offered from AT&T, unless you pay in the new data plan. Throttling was a precursor to those plans…so nothing has changed except you received the letter in writing of what they are doing, and have done for some time.

When the unlimited data plans were offered, “edge” was the data tech.

And therein lies the irony. I get slow shitty service the few days a month I am in Fourchon as opposed to out in the gulf, and now when I actually use some of the unlimited data plan I have been paying for and not using, they want to restrict me.

Happy Customer now

I sold my soul to Sprint with 5 lines, (unfortunately). Their service pretty much sucks all over southern Louisiana. Since I can’t change providers, I just got a pay-as-you-go Verizon hotspot. It works well everywhere I’ve been so far. The good part is that if I happen to have sprint service, I’m not paying for the verizon because I only pay for what I use. Just a suggestion.

. AT&T always did suck for guys like us along the gulf and ports

Its been really good since the 19th. Maybe they listened or noticed all the folks jumping to sprint.

Anyone happen to know if Aio(new att prepaid) or any other prepaid will work on broadcom/petrocom?

Net 10 is good all over the gulf.