Policy Letter regarding upgrading uppper level licenses

I remember seeing some references regarding not having to go thru all the rigamarole of having to produce seatime letters on unlimited tonnage vessels in order to upgrade from Second Mate AGT to Chief Mate AGT. Can anybody point me the right direction to see that new Policy Letter? I tried to find it in the NMC web page to no avail. Supposedly the Policy letter became affective sometime earlier this year. :confused::confused:

I never heard of this one. How do you prove your time without sea time letters?

I can see where my subject could be misread. I was referring to the tonnage part of upgrading an upper level license. I was told that your sea time need only be on vessels over 200 tons as person in charge of a navigational watch while holding your present upper level license. For example while holding my Third Mate AGT and working as a OICNW I only need to show time on vessels over 200 ton instead of vessels over 1600 ton to receive my Second Mates License.

You will get a 2m license but it will have a tonnage limit as per the CFRs. Thats nothing new. You cannot upgrade an unrestricted 3m without at least six months of time over 1600grt / 3000gt though. The other six months must all be over 200grt / 500gt as well.

[QUOTE=stevefoster;74799]I can see where my subject could be misread. I was referring to the tonnage part of upgrading an upper level license. I was told that your sea time need only be on vessels over 200 tons as person in charge of a navigational watch while holding your present upper level license. For example while holding my Third Mate AGT and working as a OICNW I only need to show time on vessels over 200 ton instead of vessels over 1600 ton to receive my Second Mates License.[/QUOTE]
All of your time has to be on vessels over 200 GRT. If at least half is not on vessels over 1600 GRT you will get a tonnage of between 2000 and 1600 GRT based on the tonnage you have served on. See 46 CFR 11.402. As with all endorsements, you need to prove your time with service letters or discharges.

Comment Repin Like.The kids room is the most challenging and also have to worry about the color and designs because the one that has the most variety that needs .au 1 Apr 2010 …Profile picture of Tammy Nowatzki Tammy Nowatzki from craftystorage.pltagkitchen design ideas 25 Nov 2011 .from your outdoor areas with these small yard, balcony and roof design ideashgtv decorating8 tiny yet.tumblr… white futon bunk bedsfurniture decorating ideasred parson chairsbilliards tables sizesinduction furnace plansmeter conversion tablesremys kitchen wine barlucys kitchen peterboroughefficiency furnace gas high model naturaldeck chairs for salesunshine stables of gainesvillefl furniture orlando rentalchair club pushback reclinerdining room stone tablesids furniture hyannis maair filter furnace washablekid chair spider mansnoopy bedding setgatwick train timetableskind of furnitureprices for oil fired furnacesstrawberry shortcake room decorationkitchenaid blender repairstores selling key city furnitureindustrial furnace