Pee Test and Physical, Portsmouth, NH

Hello everyone and Thank You for looking at my post,

I have searched the gCaptain database but still can’t find an easy answer to my question. I am in New Castle, New Hampshire, without a car and get around by bicycle or taxi. I am working on renewing my Coast Guard credentials and of course I need a Pee Test and Physical.
Question: Does anyone know of a one stop place I can get both of these test done, close to New Castle, ie. Portsmouth, NH and ideally CHEAP!

Thanks for looking

Newt

Bring the USCG 719k physical and drug screen forms to your family physician…

I used an urgent care near my house for my first physical. Call around for the closest clinic or urgent care with the cheapest price. For sure they can do the physical just make sure they use a SAMSHA lab (no clue what it is but thats what u need). My clinic sent the sample to a non samsha lab and had to send a 2nd sample to the correct lab at their expense.
Good luck.

[QUOTE=YoNewt;122084]Hello everyone and Thank You for looking at my post,

I have searched the gCaptain database but still can’t find an easy answer to my question. I am in New Castle, New Hampshire, without a car and get around by bicycle or taxi. I am working on renewing my Coast Guard credentials and of course I need a Pee Test and Physical.
Question: Does anyone know of a one stop place I can get both of these test done, close to New Castle, ie. Portsmouth, NH and ideally CHEAP!

Thanks for looking

Newt[/QUOTE]

You’re not likely to find one place that does everything, especially in area wheere mariners are nbot a significant portion of the local population.

Any doctor can do the physical, just make sure they use the Coast Guard form. There are a number of services that will find a lab near your home to give the urine sample for the drug test. Note that it’s a very specific test, not any drug test will work. I used these guys for the last renewal of my license, they found me a lab two miles from my home: drugfreevessel.com They will probably find you somewhere very close.

an idea would be to call Moran or something who has an operation in Portsmouth and see if they can suggest where they send their guys, assuming you are having no luck. CVS minute clinic type place too perhaps?

Thanks everyone for the input. I thought Portsmouth would be home to a lot of mariners and a MRO physical and pee test would be pretty common. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks again.

Look for a CONCETRA. They do a Full USCG Physical.

http://www.mrocc.com/ There’s a doctor in New Castle NH listed on this website. Use the search function. He can do the drug test and probably will do your physical too. There were no doctors listed in Plymouth. You can find more information on what’s required at the CG NMC site under “drug testing”. Basically, you have to find a doctor/nurse certified as an “MRO” who will send your sample to a SAMSHA lab. The physical can be done by any doctor. I went through this recently myself. My MRO was an immediate care clinic, but I found it using the above mentioned site.

[QUOTE=MariaW;122328]http://www.mrocc.com/ There’s a doctor in New Castle NH listed on this website. Use the search function. He can do the drug test and probably will do your physical too. There were no doctors listed in Plymouth. You can find more information on what’s required at the CG NMC site under “drug testing”. Basically, you have to find a doctor/nurse certified as an “MRO” who will send your sample to a SAMSHA lab. The physical can be done by any doctor. I went through this recently myself. My MRO was an immediate care clinic, but I found it using the above mentioned site.[/QUOTE]

All right, this is what I am talking about!!! Thanks for the input, I’ll be calling them on Tuesday!! Thank You!