Pay raise rumors

Has anybody heard of any pay raises in offshore drilling? I’ve heard some scuttle butt on board, but nothing official.

Heard 13% across the board with the big guys if you are international, but only if you are a brand new graduate of a maritime academy with no experience. If you’ve been there a few years they cut 2% to help pay for the new guys, in order to bring in some fresh blood to the industry.

Also heard that if you have less than 5 posts and ask really generic questions about money/pay/rotations you will tend to get beat down by members on here.

Really! I mean 2% doesn’t seem fair to me! Why not 13% to even it out? I mean that is only equitable…right? Even Steven I say! I also heard that the OMSA companies were offering a 15% pay cut but it’ll be paid back in the future if you stay for 20 years. What! You say that isn’t a rumor, that HGIM is doing that now? Well, whattya know about that!

Also heard that if you have less than 5 posts and ask really generic questions about money/pay/rotations you will tend to get beat down by members on here.

where ever would you have heard such a scurrilous rumor as that? Certainly not from me!

Last year there were rumors everywhere about raises and which companies were giving the most. This year I haven’t heard anything except what’s on our ship grapevine. Heard that Diamond was waiting on other companies to announce so they could match. Also saw a email from our office about a scam going on. Appears that a person was calling some Diamond rigs and posing as a HR office manager. They wanted to get cell phone numbers of certain people he needed to set up classes for. Apparently he got a few numbers this way and contacted the individuals and tried recruiting them. The email didn’t give the name of the company, it just asked that we be aware of this.

Nothing new there companies have been poaching for years, a certain east coast company was hot on that when they set up shop on the west coast a few years ago…

[QUOTE=rshrew;112276]Nothing new there companies have been poaching for years, a certain east coast company was hot on that when they set up shop on the west coast a few years ago…[/QUOTE]

let me guess that their name started with a “K” and ended with an “a”?

Now it starts with a k and ends with a y

K-Y ?? Don’t they make a jelly?

[QUOTE=Flyer69;112330]K-Y ?? Don’t they make a jelly?[/QUOTE]

That’s one product that Joe Boss never bothers to use on his employees.

I’ll just say some people found out the grass was not greener nor did the glory last long.

All companies are “competitive” If they see a large degree of movement from them to another company. they tend to adjust $ accordingly. Some companies do it quarterly. Some do it annually. Some don’t do it at all. By it seems overall yes the pay is going up- incrementally.

Heard of this as well - this happened at a few companies.