Out of pages

My little red book has three remaining pages. I’ve completed a number of STCW courses, including ECDIS, and i’m getting my paperwork ready. It would appear that there isn’t enough space remaining for the stickers that I’m anticipating will be sent. Is it necessary to request a reprint/duplicate of my credentials to consolidate all of my previous upgrades and endorsements and free up some space?

I thought I saw someone mention on here that they somehow keep track of how many stickers they’ve sent / how many pages you have available, thus they automatically issue a new red book if you don’t have enough room.

I would say this is an excellent question for the NMC help desk.

You can call them, explain the situation, and ask for a re-print.

I spoke with NMC this morning concerning this issue. As all of my endorsements are STCW related, they recommend sending in my application, with a letter explaining that I have a lack of pages. NMC claims this should result in a reprint at no additional charge.

I experienced the same situation. I knew that I was going to get more stickers than I had pages with my most recent application, so I asked if a new book would be automatically issued. I was told it would be. I just received the stickers, so I contacted the NMC and asked why the new book wasn’t issued. They issued me a new book and sent it out within a day and charged no extra fees.

Also, both communications were using the Live Chat feature and quick, painless and effective.

I do not know the rhyme or reason, but from what I’ve heard from people I know, some of them have gotten new books instead of stickers when their has been plenty of pages left, some haven’t. There may be inconsistencies.
I only have a couple pages left myself and have been wondering the same thing. I upgraded last year, and was given stickers. When I look myself up on the credential verification, my current tonnage rating and my previous lesser one are both listed.
I submitted leadership management, ecdis and vso a few weeks ago. I’ve already passed issuance and its waiting for me at home so I am curious to see what was sent to me. Because, I once again checked myself on the credential verification and my ecdis limitation and stcw limitation are still listed as dec 2016 on the web site.

[QUOTE=Ctony;179545]When I look myself up on the credential verification, my current tonnage rating and my previous lesser one are both listed.

I submitted leadership management, ecdis and vso a few weeks ago. I’ve already passed issuance and its waiting for me at home so I am curious to see what was sent to me. Because, I once again checked myself on the credential verification and my ecdis limitation and stcw limitation are still listed as dec 2016 on the web site.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Credential Verification site will list all licenses you have held, even though they may have been superseded.

With regards to newly issued endorsements, etc, I too am curious how long it’s officially supposed to take before they show up on to Credential Verification search.

I was able to see mine in the credential verification search before I even got my license in the mail.

[QUOTE=Gimli;179549]I believe the Credential Verification site will list all licenses you have held, even though they may have been superseded.

With regards to newly issued endorsements, etc, I too am curious how long it’s officially supposed to take before they show up on to Credential Verification search.[/QUOTE]

Oddly, VSO is on there…and the ecdis and stcw limitation dec 2016 still is…so I guess I’ll contact the nmc after see exactly what came in the mail…

[QUOTE=Ctony;179545]I do not know the rhyme or reason, but from what I’ve heard from people I know, some of them have gotten new books instead of stickers when their has been plenty of pages left, some haven’t…[/QUOTE]

Occasionally NMC has run out of stickers when demand has been higher than expected (based on past application data) and they issued a new booklet instead of waiting for the new order of stikers to arrive.

Record time, mailed my application to rec Baltimore on 2/8 then they passed it to nmc and new endorsements issues 2/18, good job nmc!!!