Question about the new MMC

Hello gents. I’m curious about something concerning my newly issued MMC.

There are a whole lot of blank pages at the back, like most of the book. My question is when I get back from my next cruise and have enough time to get my AB, do I get issued a new book or do I go somewhere to have my new stuff added to my current book?

The extra pages are for adding new endorsements, upgrades, etc. Most of these will not require a new book to be issued, new credentials will be added to the blank pages by an adhesive backed insert. I wasn’t involved in the specifics even when I was at NMC, but I think they’ll be mailed to you and you add them yourself.
[I][edited to fix dumba$$ typos][/I]

[QUOTE=jdcavo;16847]The extra pages are fior adding new endorsements, upgrades, etc. Most of these will not require a new book to be issued, new credentials will be added to the blank pages by an adhesive backed insert. I wasn’t involved int he specifics even when I was at NMC, but I think they’ll be mailed to you and you add them yourself.[/QUOTE]

thank you much.

That’s correct, they will mail you a new laminated page and you put it in the book.

anyone know whether the “new” MMC is “chipped” like the TWIC and the newer passports??

[QUOTE=seadawg;16948]anyone know whether the “new” MMC is “chipped” like the TWIC and the newer passports??[/QUOTE]

mine isnt. issued 29/jul

[QUOTE=KEVD18;16814]Hello gents. [/QUOTE]

Making an assumption there, my friend. On a couple of levels.