Offshore Rig Employment

I have been looking and applying for the past year, trying to get a job as an Offshore Rig Electrician. I did a brief hitch with Seadrill and want to get back into the industry SO BAD!!! Anyone have any advice, anything that can help? I’ve applied to all the big name companies and gotten no repsonse. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another tactic I should try? I have all my offshore cert’s and I’m ready to go immediately. I’d appreciate any advice!!!

[B]Search the site some more… there are plenty of posts [U]HERES ONE[/U][/B]

[B]I think there was another discussion somewhere that had more [I]contact[/I] info… lol no pun

…also are you registered with rigzone? they have some listed [U]here[/U].[/B]

[QUOTE=Wrench;57258] I did a brief hitch with Seadrill [/QUOTE]

Pardon me for asking but why was your stay at Seadrill “brief”? It’s important to know.

c.captain,

In May 2010, I started my Terminal Leave from the military and went on the official retired list 1-Aug. During that time, the Veterans Administration books you multiple appointments to determine your disability rating and all appointment MUST be done before you officially go on the retired list. When I came back from my first hitch with Seadrill at the beginning of July 2010, I was met by more appointments that the VA booked for me. If I missed any of the appointments, my disability rating would be delayed by up to 1-1/2 years. I had to make the decision to stay home and finalize my 20 years in the military and find another job. It a decision I regret having to make and have been trying ever since to get back to the industry. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

and do you believe that you can’t go back to Seadrill because of this decision? It might be chasing you to different companies otherwise you should not be having such difficulty. Sorry, but it is the sad reality in this industry that this happens to more persons that yourself…

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I was afraid of. I’ve been emailing and applying back to Seadrill and they won’t rehire. It’s been driving me crazy.

Weeks marine inc. is looking for an electrician on the hopper dredge B.E. LINDHOLM. She is in Sandy hook, NJ, right now. The benefits are alright. If you need a job, I know we need an electrician. A foot in the door…

…Thanks Dredge Mate!!! Appreciate the heads up! I just sent them my resume and application.