Looking for a job/help

Hello,
I am currently looking for a job on a MODU or a drill ship. I really what I have heard about this industry, however, I am having some trouble figuring out how to go about it.
I recently graduated form Maine Maritime, and don’t have any experience in this field. I would really appreciate a push in the right direction, I have been checking out rigzone.com, but not sure if I should trust their resume program. I prefer to talk to people, but then again what can you do nowadays.
Thanks in advance.
Very Respectfully,
Tom

[QUOTE=TomB;100691]Hello,
I am currently looking for a job on a MODU or a drill ship. I really what I have heard about this industry, however, I am having some trouble figuring out how to go about it.
I recently graduated form Maine Maritime, and don’t have any experience in this field. I would really appreciate a push in the right direction, I have been checking out rigzone.com, but not sure if I should trust their resume program. I prefer to talk to people, but then again what can you do nowadays.
Thanks in advance.
Very Respectfully,
Tom[/QUOTE]

I will try to intervene before the sharks get you. I would first try using the search function on here, and there is plenty of advice and information on drilling companies and how to get your foot in the door.

Just curious, what about it do you like? The thought of 12 hour days in the same location? Or the thought of being fresh out of college making 6 figures with no experience? Have you been working on anything since graduation?

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;101083]I will try to intervene before the sharks get you. I would first try using the search function on here, and there is plenty of advice and information on drilling companies and how to get your foot in the door.[/QUOTE]

DAMN YOU MAN! I am hungry and now you just cost me my dinner!

Doesn’t MMA have a career services office? Can’t they give you the names of hundreds of MMA alumni working for drilling contractors? Don’t the drilling contractors recruit on campus?

Listen to the man! As an alumn you are making us all look bad with this foolish post. Hit up career services for a list of drill companies that have recently hired Maine grads and some contacts there. Otherwise, SILENCE!

If you are first thinking about this now after recently graduating…what the hell? I did this crap when I was a junior.