Need help guys

Hello Corey Here i am looking for a job as a roustabout or floorhand offshore can anyone help please e-mail me at keigler2007@yahoo.com. thanks

Check the drilling company websites they are advertising those positions

[QUOTE=sailor1501;88810]Hello Corey Here i am looking for a job as a roustabout or floorhand offshore can anyone help please e-mail me at keigler2007@yahoo.com. thanks[/QUOTE]

If you have about $3000, then try to go to one of the drilling schools. I suggest Maritime Drilling Schools LTD: www.mdslimited.ca
If you finish that, you will be recruited right out of class and have a job immediately! You may have to start on land rigs, but you will get a roughneck job at about $72,000-$90,000 to start.

A former student at Maritime Drilling Schools in North Sidney put up a website really hammering it. His videos of the “equipment” and the classroom instruction at the school do not look too impressive. There may or may not be some merit to his claims. A fellow might want to visit the school in person to see for himself before handing over $5,000 ( including at bunk at the school,s house) for the full 20 day (30 days counting weekends) course.

Alternatively, there is Atlantic Petroleum Training College in Halifax with a $3,000 for 14 days drilling course. They claim to have a operational rig set up for training. The also have a placement agency (its not cheap) exclusively for their students. They take graduates straight to interviews in Alberta. It is an offshoot of a well regarded STCW and offshore survival training school. Again, a fellow might want to go have a look at the school before making a commitment.

A great many people in Nova Scotia work in the oil field in Alberta. Most in the tar sands at Fort Mac. They all get paid travel.

Both of these Canadian drilling schools claim to have a large proportion of American students. Halifax is about a 10 hour drive from Boston ( and you do need a passport). North Sidney is at the northern end of Cape Breton Island about 15 hours driving time from Boston. The two schools are probably about a 10 hour drive apart. The Province of Nova Scotia withdrew funding for the Maine to Nova Scotia ferry a few years ago, so you do have to drive around. There is a ferry from Blacks Harbour, New Brunswick to Digby, Nova Scotia, but iit will not save you any time. Flights from the US to Nova Scotia are scarce and very expensive, its hard to get there without flying through Montreal. There may be affordable flights from Halifax to North Sidney.

I’ll try to talk a friend near Halifax into going to take a look at Atlantic Petroleum College.

Place a resume on Rigzone,Lots of jobs posted daily for oil n gas industry,I have a friend that got on a drillship through rigzone

Contacting the companies is probably a bit better than just posting your resume on rigzone. But everything you can do helps. Start with the big companies in the GOM, also if you are not bent on being on deepwater, then you probably have more opportunities at your disposal.

Transocean is hiring roustabouts like crazy… Just apply on their website… Over 1600 new employees are being hired for these new contracts…

The roustabout jobs aren’t posted on their site

Keep checking daily

Hello folks, I am in the same situation. I am a civil engineer recently graduated, but I want to get a job on the offshore market specifically in the drilling area. I speak Portuguese fluently, the language spoken in Brazil (lots of oil) and I speak some Spanish as well. I currently live in Florida, but I am moving to Houston next month (august). I have around 5 thousand to use for training and I’d love to start working right after I finish the course. I know, I should’ve done mechanical engineering :mad: Thanks

[QUOTE=tugsailor;91507]A former student at Maritime Drilling Schools in North Sidney put up a website really hammering it. His videos of the “equipment” and the classroom instruction at the school do not look too impressive. There may or may not be some merit to his claims. A fellow might want to visit the school in person to see for himself before handing over $5,000 ( including at bunk at the school,s house) for the full 20 day (30 days counting weekends) course.[/QUOTE]

Where are the videos?