Seadrill

Anybody know anything about Seadrill (SDR).

Do they stay busy?
Do they do good work?
Do they have future contracts already lined up?
Are the organized? ( I don’t mean unionized)

I’ll jump on this one. The single BIGGEST mistake I’ve made over the past three years was leaving Seadril!!! (had a personal situation come up that interfered with my rotations) Very organized and extremely professional. They always stay busy. Just search through the news stories on this site to see how good they’re doing. My recommendation is jump onboard if ever offered a position!!!

I have been accumulating there stock for a while now as they pay an 8% dividend. But the HR dept is like a black hole. I know of numerous people who have applied there and have never heard a thing. I believe they don’t give you any contact numbers either. If you forget your password to the website, forget it you will never be able to sign in with that user name again as the new password they send you will not work either. I bet I emailed 6 people who’s email address I was able to find asking who I could contact to point out the problem with the web site and never received a response from anyone. If you get hired there, go buy a lottery ticket cause its your lucky day

I’m asking from a investing stand point. The dividend looks nice but they do not have a long dividend history.

SeaDrill has a fleet of 47 rigs today, and another 12 that will go into service before the end of 2013
They have a market cap of $20.09 billion and generates revenue of $4.478 billion and has a net income of $1.205 billion. . Expected 5Y earnings growth is 21.73 percent. The dividend yield amounts to 8.22 percent
They have or will have the most modern fleet in the industry and as the rigs come out of the shipyard they already have long term contracts. Some say that Noble or Transocean are better plays but I’m happy with Sea Drill.

[QUOTE=tugboatchief;116081]I’m asking from a investing stand point. The dividend looks nice but they do not have a long dividend history.[/QUOTE]

I have been buying shares of SDRL for several years now. I wish I would have taken the gamble in 2008, they were down around 7 bucks a share. I should have invested then. I wanted to but I was too cautious, I did get in several times at 19 bucks a share. The dividends are really good, but the price is high now. I am not a professional investor by any means, but I could see SDRL continuing to increase their stock price as long as things remain strong in the deep water markets.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Wrench;116078]I’ll jump on this one. The single BIGGEST mistake I’ve made over the past three years was leaving Seadril!!! (had a personal situation come up that interfered with my rotations) Very organized and extremely professional. They always stay busy. Just search through the news stories on this site to see how good they’re doing. My recommendation is jump onboard if ever offered a position!!![/QUOTE]

It has been the best thing that has ever happened to me working here. It is not perfect by no means, but it is a very good place to work. Growing company with a lot of opportunities for people to move up in the company. They really believe in developing their own workforce. It was what I loved about Edison Chouest and it is what I love about Seadrill.

Yeah trying to time the market is well beyond my expertise. I do try to buy on dips of course. But I’m a buy and hold investor. I usually only invest in companies I actually know a lot about but Seadrill looks very attractive with their fundamentals and dividend. I’m going long on SDRL

If you are a buy and hold investor, dollar cost averaging with an automatic dividend reinvestment program should be your modus operandi.
I use www.buyandhold.com to accomplish this with inexpensive trade fees.

Yes Drips are the way to go

Anyone know what they pay 3rd Assistant Engineers???

Slightly less than what they pay a 2nd a/e…

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;120537]Anyone know what they pay 3rd Assistant Engineers???[/QUOTE]

They dont have 2nd A/E and 3rd A/E designations, they have EROs, and this covers the watchstanding engineers. They make less than mechanics and hydraulic technicians over at Seadrill. They are truly underpaid compared to their counterparts on the bridge.

Great info everyone!! Just got an email saying they (Seadrill) is looking at me for a roustabout spot. Foot in the door I suppose. Stoked!