Another stupid Noble question for the GoM

I’ve heard and read all about the bad history behind Noble Drilling. Here’s my question. Aside from the recent debacle in Alaska…can anyone tell me if working for ND in the [B]GoM[/B] has improved in “[B]recent[/B]” months, or expecting changes soon? I have an interview coming up with them.

Also, I don’t live in the Gulf area and heard they didn’t cover travel in the past. Are they now flying crews down there for the rotation like everyone else?

[QUOTE=Wrench;102036]I’ve heard and read all about the bad history behind Noble Drilling. Here’s my question. Aside from the recent debacle in Alaska…can anyone tell me if working for ND in the [B]GoM[/B] has improved in “[B]recent[/B]” months, or expecting changes soon? I have an interview coming up with them.

Also, I don’t live in the Gulf area and heard they didn’t cover travel in the past. Are they now flying crews down there for the rotation like everyone else?[/QUOTE]

My question to you is, why would you leave Seadrill to go to Noble?

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;102044]My question to you is, why would you leave Seadrill to go to Noble?[/QUOTE]

Left Seadrill for family medical issues that took months to resolve. I pissed off Seadrill in the process and they won’t take me back. Been trying to get back out there for a while now with no luck. I’m not too desperate for work right now. I know of Nobles track record but don’t want to make the wrong decision.

Have you tried any of the other companies who are hiring? Diamond, Pacific Drilling, Atwoods, Rowan, Transocean, Ocean Rig, Sevan, Maersk, etc…

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;102050]Have you tried any of the other companies who are hiring? Diamond, Pacific Drilling, Atwoods, Rowan, Transocean, Ocean Rig, Sevan, Maersk, etc…[/QUOTE]

I have, multiple times over the past year, with no response. I’m looking at Noble now because I got a call yesterday from a recruiter, then received an invite today for phone interview. Can it Really be That bad there???

[QUOTE=Wrench;102055]I have, multiple times over the past year, with no response. I’m looking at Noble now because I got a call yesterday from a recruiter, then received an invite today for phone interview. Can it Really be That bad there???[/QUOTE]

I personally have never worked there, but know numerous ex-Noble people and go off of what they say, it is what it is, and there will be many differences compared to Seadrill that you would of been used too. If thats all you can get for now, take it, but keep the search going, that would be my advice.

Thanks PDCMATE. Looking for any input I can get right now.

Anybody know if they’re flying crews for rotation like all other companies???

The noble jim day crew flies out every Thursday.

Did you do the phone interview?? I was looking for work as an oiler last year and Noble called me as well. I’m happy there, things could always be better, but I’ve had 2 raises in 8 months and some paid optional training, so it’s working out good for me. If you need a job and no one else is calling, id recommend you take it.

Thanks for the input ElCapitan and Kingrobby!!!

I did the phone interview and an online video interview. A little strange and a first for me.

Anybody else have any input??? I’m expecting to hear from them tomorrow.

Working offshore is exactly what you make of it. Some people choose to leave Noble because they like other companies. Some people who leave come back because every company has BS to deal with.

I hear their latest raise out them back near everyone else on salaries.

If you want a job then Noble is a great place to start, just like anywhere else would be, if it doesn’t fit you go work for someone else.

I don’t work for Noble currently, so take my advice however you would like.

I would imagine if this is the only outlet interviewing you right now, work is work. Plus I heard from some guys who work there that another raise came through for them effective 01 March. They don’t pay travel to the GoM, but give a monthly stipend to cover your expenses. Not sure how they figure that, and I have heard guys say it is enough, and other guys say it is not enough. You should have learned all this at your interview.

Good luck, like all these outfits, Noble needs good engineers, maybe it will become a better fit than you think, and work out for the best.