Anyone working for Noble Drilling?

I applied for a motorman position with Noble Drilling a month or so go and I got an email today. I called them back but it was too late for anyone to be there. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about being a motorman for Noble.

I have a QMED with 5 ratings right now, but am still pretty new. Was wondering if working on an oil rig or drill ship would be a worthwhile option for me. My plan is to work up to getting my 3 A/E and then on from there. Thanks

PM me for more info

Thanks, pm sent

Could you fill me in on some info about working as a motorman with Noble, I just hired on with them yesterday. Thanks.

John, take anything c.captain says about it with a grain of salt…he was recently run off from there and of course has nothing good to say.

Just go do the best job you can do and you will be successful. I can say that with full confidence no matter where you go.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;69252]John, take anything c.captain says about it with a grain of salt…he was recently run off from there and of course has nothing good to say. [/QUOTE]

I have no intention to restart the nasty pissing contest with you again rigdvr, but I can honestly say that you will be hard pressed to find anyone who “used” to work for ND that will say different from me. People with experience leave Noble…they don’t join them.

Could be the case, but they did give you a regular paycheck and are a good stepping stone at the minimum for someone to get into drilling…sometimes that’s all one can ask for.

I can only speak from my experience. I was hired as master of one of their old drillships in Brazil. Dont expect anything for shoreside support. But in my career, one of the worst companies I worked for. I have no idea how the GOM operation is. And as I said, this was my experience.

But as rigdvr said, it is a steady paycheck and can be used as a stepping stone to a better company.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;69257]Could be the case, but they did give you a regular paycheck and are a good stepping stone at the minimum for someone to get into drilling…sometimes that’s all one can ask for.[/QUOTE]

Unlike most of their masters, I came with drilling and DPO but you are correct that I did get a first drillship master’s job out of the deal and should also be getting OIM as well. As said earlier, if things had gone differently, I’d likely still be there today but I’ve heard that the NB1 might be having a buttload of troubles so am rather glad to be sitting alongside today again at 55 Gul Road waiting for KSY to finish work on this vessel before delivering it to Mexico in a couple of weeks. Rather easy money right now…nice little Norwegian ship. If a 13y/o ex Norskie is this nice, I can only imagine a brand new one, but CaptRob knows all about that!

To me the biggest thing that I have to shit on about Noble is their HR department. They seem to run that whole company. I have yet to hear of anyone there in operations take a stand against that bunch!

Oh well, somebody else’s throbbing headache now…

Hey Rob & Mike:
Apparently your anti-Noble view points are clouding your reading ability: the guy posted that he was hired as a Motorman. Pretty low on the totem pole and not much reason for dealing with shoreside.
Even if what you vehemently accuse Noble of is true it’s immaterial in his case.
I respectfully suggest you guys climb down off your speakers podium, look at the big picture, and just congratulate the guy on his smart decision to join a booming segment of the Oil & Gas industry.

[QUOTE=richard8000milesaway;69263]Hey Rob & Mike:
Apparently your anti-Noble view points are clouding your reading ability: the guy posted that he was hired as a Motorman. Pretty low on the totem pole and not much reason for dealing with shoreside.
Even if what you vehemently accuse Noble of is true it’s immaterial in his case.
I respectfully suggest you guys climb down off your speakers podium, look at the big picture, and just congratulate the guy on his smart decision to join a booming segment of the Oil & Gas industry.[/QUOTE]

Come on now Richard, I said “my” experience. I said the area I worked and I said no idea for GOM operations. The GOM Noble Operations may be the shit. I dont know. If the guy was hired as a motorman, there is a good chance he is not going to Brazil. My case in point. Re-read my post.

Rob:
LOL, you were right.
Guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
I’m stuck home taking care of sick wife so I’m more of a dick then usual.
Fair winds & hope our paths cross soon,
Richard

[QUOTE=richard8000milesaway;69275]Rob:
LOL, you were right.
Guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
I’m stuck home taking care of sick wife so I’m more of a dick then usual.
Fair winds & hope our paths cross soon,
Richard[/QUOTE]

Still have visions of Lucy Lawless out there in the derrick or what?

I think we’re gonna see her and her pals soon…

Beware of Noble. C Captain may be a little harsh but not much he writes is off the mark. I know a guy who quit his good paying job and was hired by Noble. Noble in all their wisdom called him in 75 days and said, “Thanks but we over hired”. HR didn’t even have the gonads to say sorry. Just look at their turn over rate. That tells the whole story.

[QUOTE=shipmate 1;69301]Beware of Noble. C Captain may be a little harsh but not much he writes is off the mark. I know a guy who quit his good paying job and was hired by Noble. Noble in all their wisdom called him in 75 days and said, “Thanks but we over hired”. HR didn’t even have the gonads to say sorry. Just look at their turn over rate. That tells the whole story.[/QUOTE]

I agree with C Captain and shipmate 1. To start out in the industry Noble is the easy choice for most to go, it will get your foot in the door and with some time and experience you will be able to go to greener pastures to get what you are worth. Congrats on the job and welcome to the industry.

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;69309]I agree with C Captain and shipmate 1. To start out in the industry Noble is the easy choice for most to go, it will get your foot in the door and with some time and experience you will be able to go to greener pastures to get what you are worth. Congrats on the job and welcome to the industry.[/QUOTE]

Indeed…

Now let’s drool over the Warrior Princess again! I mean Lucy Lawless is HOTTER THAT HELL! She can occupy me anytime she’d like. Having her for one night may well satisfy a man for the rest of his life! Certainly, you’d never get to find another like that ever again… Lucky effing bastard that gets to have her!

DAMN!

sorry, back to our program already in progress

[QUOTE=c.captain;69318]Indeed…

Now let’s drool over the Warrior Princess again! I mean Lucy Lawless is HOTTER THAT HELL! She can occupy me anytime she’d like. Having her for one night may well satisfy a man for the rest of his life! Certainly, you’d never get to find another like ever again… Lucky effing bastard that gets to have her!

DAMN!

sorry, back to our program already in progress[/QUOTE]

Now are you kicking yourself in the ass for not staying aboard the Disco another 24 hours? You could’ve met her I am sure.

[QUOTE=CaptRob1;69323]Now are you kicking yourself in the ass for not staying aboard the Disco another 24 hours? You could’ve met her I am sure.[/QUOTE]

Aye, but she was wearing that big red rubber suit instead of those awesome hammered breast cups…now that I would have been sorry to have missed…

Where’s the Warrior Princess supposed to take place at anyway?..gotta be Scotland!

a’ch Xena Lass…if’s ya’s only knoo how i’se longs ta be da pommel to ya’s broadsword. Will’s ya’s be mah verrah hilt?

She still looks Hotter than hell in Spartacus!!!