Navy Captain Faces Imprisonment in Fraud Scheme

Well, she is a clean, ruggedly beautiful, scenically gorgeous, and amazing bitch to visit.

Been there and completely agree. Shame how we accept the blight and trash in so much of this country.

“‘This is America!’ The astonishing moment secret service agent confronts Turkish president’s bodyguards who roughed up journalists in DC”

Love it or Hate it, we can do stuff in USA others can’t. Ironically, the PC nazis in the other “developed” nations crack down on dissenting ideas just as much as the totalitarian regimes…arrested for “hate speech”

[QUOTE=Kingrobby;182573]Growing up on the West Coast I never really picked up on the riff between North & South other than from history books. It wasn’t until I started working in the South that I was exposed to it, but only from Southern folks. Never heard it from my “Northern” coworkers before either.[/QUOTE]

What I’ve noticed is that in urban northern areas they think of “the South” like the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. They don’t hate southerners, they just have a peculiar idea of they’re like (ie. a stereotype) brought on by pop culture and country music. Southerners tend to have a dislike (sometimes hate) for northerners.

[QUOTE=lm1883;182572]
Cajaya is right on about European ignorance of not just the American political system, but the American culture as a whole. You ought to take a vacation here. I would recommend you start in Boise, Idaho and drive to Atlanta, Georgia and every where you stop, and every one you talk to make sure you tell them how ignorant, fat, stupid, and provincial they are. Inform them of the glories of Norwegian government and culture. Any bets on how far you make it?

We have gone from zero to dominant world power in under 250 years and say what you want, Wether you like it or not Norway is our Bitch. That’s gotta suck. A bunch of fat, stupid, ignorant mofos got you on a lease.[/QUOTE]

I have actually been on vacation in Florida, I liked it very much. Had plans to take a vacation on the west coast last year, but then the oil sector went to shit. Did not like the tipping culture, but nice people.

[QUOTE=ombugge;182556]

If there weren’t such a great demand for drugs in USA there wouldn’t be a big market for the drugs, thus less profit from smuggling it from Mexico and other places. [/QUOTE]

Yet more examples of European misinformation. First of all, we have had an immigration problem LONG before the drug wars started. That seems to be something that you are failing to grasp.
The ROOT of the problem is Mexico’s failed government not taking care of it’s own people. The drug cartels are a RESULT of that. Another RESULT of their failed government is that their own poor which their government failed to accommodate come over here and become free riders on OUR system, they also send money back, which amounts up to billions of dollars each year leaving the U.S. economy. Do you understand the concept of what a “free rider” is? Are economics courses not part of the public education system in Norway? I mean this is something I learned in like the 10th grade.

As a RESULT of that, tax paying American citizens are becoming agitated. It has really gotten out of hand, with groups trying to give these people scholarships when u.s. citizens who pay taxes are even having a hard time making it through. It seems that everyone wants to come here with the intention of raping the system every way they can-and thats other nationalities as well, without assimilating, or even trying to become part of the culture. Now that’s not necessarily true of all of them, such as the Mexicans in Texas, I would say they are pretty Americanized and are probably more American than I am with their families having been here longer than anyone in my own family.

But that’s not what I am talking about, I am talking about the people coming over the border.
It is sad for them in what their situation is but that is supposed to be Mexico’s problem (Mexico is actually not that poor, they have plenty of their own rich and natural resources such as oil). But evidently Mexico doesn’t give an F about their own people so us in America over here are supposed to foot the bill.
Since America or the U.N. or anybody isn’t going to try to step in and tell Mexico what to do with their own government, their poor are coming over here and Mexico’s problem is becoming America’s problem and maybe some Americans would rather just build a wall than deal with it.

[QUOTE=ombugge;182556]
What about educating people to the danger of drug taking?? [/QUOTE]
We already have this, its called D.A.R.E. every kid goes through it. So much for Europeans being so much more enlightened and educated than everyone else.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182590]Do you understand the concept of what a “free rider” is? Are economics courses not part of the public education system in Norway? I mean this is something I learned in like the 10th grade.[/QUOTE]
No Norway have the only welfare system in the world without “free riders” :slight_smile: /s

To claim benefits you need to have national ID, it’s hard to have that if you are an illegal immigrant.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182590]Now that’s not necessarily true of all of them, such as the Mexicans in Texas, I would say they are pretty Americanized and are probably more American than I am with their families having been here longer than anyone in my own family.[/QUOTE]hehe thats a nice way to put it :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kraken;182591]No Norway have the only welfare system in the world without “free riders” :slight_smile: /s

To claim benefits you need to have national ID, it’s hard to have that if you are an illegal immigrant.
[/QUOTE]

So what do you do about illegal immigrants coming in? It must be very nice that you are bordered by a vast ocean, Sweden and Finland.

Do you think you might have a different situation over there if you were bordered by Moldova, Ukraine and Bosnia?

[QUOTE=cajaya;182595]So what do you do about illegal immigrants coming in? It must be very nice that you are bordered by a vast ocean, Sweden and Finland.

Do you think you might have a different situation over there if you were bordered by Moldova, Ukraine and Bosnia?[/QUOTE]

We are bordered by Russia, and we did receive 5000 syrians last year over that border. And 475339 or 9,1% of our population is from developing countries. So we are not exactly an island in the sea.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182597]We are bordered by Russia, and we did receive 5000 syrians last year over that border. And 475339 or 9,1% of our population is from developing countries. So we are not exactly an island in the sea.[/QUOTE]

How big is the portion that borders Russia? 5 miles? LOL
Certainly not the length of the whole country!

[QUOTE=cajaya;182598]How big is the portion that borders Russia? 5 miles? LOL
Certainly not the length of the whole country![/QUOTE]

Did I say that? We are receiving illiterate people from developing countries, you are receiving people with basic education from a newly industrialized country. Their children will be American citizens because of the Jus soli law. Your problems are peanuts.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-many-refugees-the-u-s-takes-in-and-where-they-go-1448414018

America takes in plenty of refugees every year. That is not including the rest of the undocumented free riders flowing in. I knew a family of refugees when I was in high school. They all received their government checks, worked under the table jobs (not paying taxes), got tons of government assistance and went on family vacations to Europe every year. That is pretty f- ed up when immigrants can come over here and live a life of luxe when Americans have to work harder for everything. That is what Americans (and the Trump supporters) are upset about and it seems to be something you are failing to grasp.

[QUOTE=Kingrobby;182573]Growing up on the West Coast I never really picked up on the riff between North & South other than from history books. It wasn’t until I started working in the South that I was exposed to it, but only from Southern folks. Never heard it from my “Northern” coworkers before either.[/QUOTE]

In the U.S. there are significant social and political differences between regions of the country. For example New England has the lowest church attendance per capita and the south has the highest.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182595]So what do you do about illegal immigrants coming in? It must be very nice that you are bordered by a vast ocean, Sweden and Finland.

Do you think you might have a different situation over there if you were bordered by Moldova, Ukraine and Bosnia?[/QUOTE]

You forgot the boarder with Russia. Lot of Refugees and some illegal immigrants got across that boarder last autumn.
Actually the most immigrants and foreign workers in Norway are Swedes, followed by Polish and people from the Baltic states.
Since Norway has had open boarder with the other Nordic countries sin the early 1950s there are few if any restrictions there.

Although Norway is not member of EU, it is member of the Schengen agreement, allowing free travel and open job market for people from other member countries, incl. right to the welfare enjoyed by Norwegian. They also have to be paid Norwegian wages and pay Norwegian tax.

Maybe the ignorance of other countries and systems are not only a European problem, but a fact on both sides of the Atlantic?
I would venture a guess that it is like more of a problem on your side then ours, only you don’t know it.
Why?? Because you have been very active spreading your culture and news about Americana, while not so willing to learn anything from and about other countries. This is very clear from cajaya, many bombastic and ignorant statements here, even about your nearest neighbours and other parts of America. You should travel more, or at least read more about the rest of the world.

Here is a link to advise for those who wants to live and work in Norway, if you should be interested in learning about that much despises country: http://www.nortrade.com/career/work-live-in-norway/

PS> I have just moved here and need a lot of these advises myself, having lived abroad for much of my life.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182600]Did I say that? We are receiving illiterate people from developing countries, you are receiving people with basic education from a newly industrialized country. Their children will be American citizens because of the Jus soli law. Your problems are peanuts.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong about that. There are plenty that come here that can not read and write in their own language. There are government funded programs to teach these people English as well as point them in the direction of free health care and child care that is exclusively for illegals.
They do not end up learning English because they cannot read and write in their own language to begin with.

More European misinformation!

[QUOTE=cajaya;182601]http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-many-refugees-the-u-s-takes-in-and-where-they-go-1448414018[/QUOTE]
Have to subscribe to read it, could you quote the text?

[QUOTE=Kraken;182605]Have to subscribe to read it, could you quote the text?[/QUOTE]

[I]How Many Refugees the U.S. Takes In and Where They Go
This year’s number would include 10,000 Syrians
By Miriam Jordan and
Joseph De Avila
Nov. 24, 2015 8:13 p.m. ET
4 COMMENTS

The U.S. government accepts thousands of refugees each year and provides cash, medical and rental assistance to them through nine nonprofit resettlement agencies.

The number of refugees accepted, which is set annually by the president, reached a peak of 142,000 during the Balkan wars in 1993.

It was 80,000 between 2008 and 2011, dropped to 76,000 in 2012 and has been at 70,000 since 2013.

This fiscal year, the U.S. plans to accept 85,000, including 10,000 Syrians. That is a fraction of the more than four million Syrians displaced by war since 2011.

Most refugees are referred to the U.S. by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

The screening process—involving the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the State Department and Defense Department—is more rigorous than that for the millions of foreign visitors and thousands of foreign students who come to the U.S. each year, advocates say.[/I]

[I]The number of refugees accepted, which is set annually by the president, reached a peak of 142,000 during the Balkan wars in 1993.

It was 80,000 between 2008 and 2011, dropped to 76,000 in 2012 and has been at 70,000 since 2013.

This fiscal year, the U.S. plans to accept 85,000, including 10,000 Syrians. That is a fraction of the more than four million Syrians displaced by war since 2011. [/I]

What steps do immigrants have to go though to receive this ID card? What is the wait period to obtain this card?

That is how it is supposed to be here but our government doesn’t follow their on laws. They will give you one and put you right on welfare immediately.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182540]

But you are number one.

USA! USA! USA![/QUOTE]

Are you mad because you couldn’t get into the U.S.? Are you one of those people who thinks the streets here are paved of gold?
I can imagine this must be what your garage looks like