Navy Captain Faces Imprisonment in Fraud Scheme

[QUOTE=cajaya;182609]Are you mad because you couldn’t get into the U.S.? Are you one of those people who thinks the streets here are paved of gold?
[/QUOTE]
Most of the roads I drove on in Florida was paved with concrete. And I would be a complete moron to give up my easy life in Norway to live in USA.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182611]Most of the roads I drove on in Florida was paved with concrete. And I would be a complete moron to give up my easy life in Norway to live in USA.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, what I meant to say was this:
What is your problem? Were you a refugee? Are you one of those people that wanted to come over here because you thought that the sidewalks were paved with gold and America didn’t accept you and Norway would?

[QUOTE=ombugge;182603]

Maybe the ignorance of other countries and systems are not only a European problem, but a fact on both sides of the Atlantic?

I would venture a guess that it is like more of a problem on your side then ours, only you don’t know it.
Why?? Because you have been very active spreading your culture and news about Americana, while not so willing to learn anything from and about other countries.

You should travel more, or at least read more about the rest of the world.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ombugge;182603]
A self-righteous believe in American superiority and exceptionalism[/QUOTE]

I never grew up believing that America was superior or exceptional. If anything my family told me that the motherland was better and they disliked the way of life here but it was too late because we were already here -btw no one in family came here illegally or received any government aid. It wasn’t until I traveled abroad that I figured out that that was what everybody else thought about America. Who spreads their culture and news about Americana? If the rest of the countries want to watch America like we are some kind of Hollywood celebrities, and decorate their garages with Americana and route 66 signs, that’s on them. The biggest critics of Americans are usually the ones that will have their homes decorated with Americana! Pretty ironic!

I have traveled plenty and even lived abroad. One of my friends during my time living abroad worked at the one of the U.S. embassies. He said that he stayed away from all foreigners and even Europeans from the U.K. and scandanavian countries because they were all jealous of America and Americans. I thought he was nutso-crazy at the time and possibly even brainwashed—but I have really started to wonder!!

You non-Americans have begun to remind me of nutso crazy fanatics and paparazzi. Following America and paying attention to everything they do, admiring them for or economic success, yet hating them and hoping they crumble.

Flag envy is what it is- plain and simple!

[QUOTE=cajaya;182613]I have traveled plenty and even lived abroad. One of my friends during my time living abroad worked at the one of the U.S. embassies. He said that he stayed away from all foreigners and even Europeans from the U.K. and scandanavian countries because they were all jealous of America and Americans. I thought he was nutso-crazy at the time and possibly even brainwashed—but I have really started to wonder!!

You non-Americans have begun to remind me of nutso crazy fanatics and paparazzi. Following America and paying attention to everything they do, admiring them for or economic success, yet hating them and hoping they crumble.

Flag envy is what it is- plain and simple![/QUOTE]
Somehow I have a hard time buying this bullshit. Have you ever actually met a Scandinavian? If someone can beat Americans in exceptionalism it’s us Scandinavians.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182615]Somehow I have a hard time buying this bullshit. Have you ever actually met a Scandinavian? If someone can beat Americans in exceptionalism it’s us Scandinavians.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they didn’t take my comment about Copenhagen being chewing tobacco very lightly. Actually got quite offended. Seems that you Europeans have some sort of inferiority complex.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182616]Yes, they didn’t take the comment about Copenhagen being chewing tobacco very lightly. Actually got quite offended. Seems that you Europeans have some sort of inferiority complex.[/QUOTE]

So you have never met any Frenchmen either?

[QUOTE=Kraken;182617]So you have never met any Frenchmen either?[/QUOTE]

I would say the French may be a little bit different. I don’t think Scandinavians get mad if
people go over there speaking English. The French are kind of a different story…

[QUOTE=cajaya;182619]I would say the French may be a little bit different. I don’t think Scandinavians get mad if
people go over there speaking English. The French are kind of a different story…[/QUOTE]

That’s because we know the world don’t revolve around us. The French and Americans are a bit alike on that regard.

This is getting a little bit too STOOPID even for c.captain to comment on I think.

[QUOTE=ombugge;182624]This is getting a little bit too STOOPID even for c.captain to comment on I think.[/QUOTE]

once “the lady” took up residence here I sure as hell skeedaddled!

shame on Kraken for actually trying to engage in an exchange with her…

[QUOTE=cajaya;182613]Sorry, what I meant to say was this:
What is your problem? Were you a refugee? Are you one of those people that wanted to come over here because you thought that the sidewalks were paved with gold and America didn’t accept you and Norway would?

I never grew up believing that America was superior or exceptional. If anything my family told me that the motherland was better and they disliked the way of life here but it was too late because we were already here -btw no one in family came here illegally or received any government aid. It wasn’t until I traveled abroad that I figured out that that was what everybody else thought about America. Who spreads their culture and news about Americana? If the rest of the countries want to watch America like we are some kind of Hollywood celebrities, and decorate their garages with Americana and route 66 signs, that’s on them. The biggest critics of Americans are usually the ones that will have their homes decorated with Americana! Pretty ironic!

I have traveled plenty and even lived abroad. One of my friends during my time living abroad worked at the one of the U.S. embassies. He said that he stayed away from all foreigners and even Europeans from the U.K. and scandanavian countries because they were all jealous of America and Americans. I thought he was nutso-crazy at the time and possibly even brainwashed—but I have really started to wonder!!

Flag envy is what it is- plain and simple![/QUOTE]

??? Are you for real??? The world you traveled to and lived in, was it a nut house somewhere??

[QUOTE=c.captain;182625]once “the lady” took up residence here I sure as hell skeedaddled!

shame on Kraken for actually trying to engage in an exchange with her…[/QUOTE]

Was kind of fun :slight_smile: Wanted to see if the rest rallied behind her. Nothing brings people together like a dirty foreigner.

'Murica

[QUOTE=johnny.dollar;182471]"Stanford students demand nonwhite, transgender university president"
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/31/stanford-students-demand-nonwhite-transgender-univ/[/QUOTE]

I still have my answer for you but I have expended all my energy on this bafoon. I have some other things to work on. Will get back to you though!

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;182585] Southerners tend to have a dislike (sometimes hate) for northerners.[/QUOTE]

Because the fucking yanks won’t leave us alone! They make fun of us, say we backwards and bigots, and then the fuckers move down South because they want to retire and it’s cheaper and people are nicer. This would be fine, but they bring their worthless politics that made yankland such a shithole and expensive and complain about our cars on blocks in the front yard that have been there for 50+ years! If the South sucks so much, GTFO and go back to your yankland and take your worthless laws and policies with you. North Carolina has truly been overun by the yanks, and it reflects greatly in their policies now.

[QUOTE=Kraken;182621]That’s because we know the world don’t revolve around us. The French and Americans are a bit alike on that regard.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe the French have a lot to be proud of. They have had a great influence around the world in language, culture and food. I have also never heard of a French person going on a forum consisting of mostly Americans to trash talk them and talk about how much better France is. I just think they want to keep their language and culture as “French”, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that or that it means that they think that the world revolves around them. Americans trying to keep their country and it’s benefits for its citizens and trying to preserve their economy also doesn’t mean that they think the world revolves around them.

[QUOTE=cajaya;182648] I have also never heard of a French person going on a forum consisting of mostly Americans to trash talk them and talk about how much better France is.[/QUOTE]
You never been on reddit?

[QUOTE=johnny.dollar;182423]You know what’s funny? I never see women lining up and protesting that they are “underrepresented” in coal mining, garbage collectors, pipeline welders, farmers, etc.[/QUOTE]

I believe what you are talking about is officially referred to as the “glass basement”.

Someone actually posed the same question on reddit:

Why aren’t women fighting for almost entirely male-dominated blue collar jobs?

The answers are there in the comments and I thought they were quite valid, talking about how the issue of the “glass basement” is never discussed.

Here is another article about the glass basement

So there is your answer! The glass basement.

[QUOTE=johnny.dollar;182423]Also, this is funny too “Few women show interest in infantry jobs opened to them”: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/03/18/few-women-show-interest-new-infantry-jobs-opened-them/81966838/ [/QUOTE]
Honestly, I don’t know why women would want to be in infantry, but obviously those female soldiers that wanted it were that passionate enough about it so why not let them? And maybe the US military should use that to their advantage since ISIS is afraid of girls

[QUOTE=johnny.dollar;182423]
And of course, what about the end all of equality: selective service (aka the draft). Last I checked, a woman can’t be drafted and sent away against her will to be shot at. Yup, equality…when it’s wanted.[/QUOTE]
Ok, yes that’s not right. I don’t think anyone should be forced to go to war, man or woman period. Maybe this is something that is outdated and it shows how outdated our system here is. They should either get rid of it completely or include everybody. In Israel men and women both do a mandatory four years in the military and I never hear of anyone complaining about that. I am guessing the reason we have this system has something to do with that fact that women were always taking care of children, but now sometimes men take care of children and even win custody in divorce so if thats what it is then yea, it needs to be changed.

European friends, if you are listening…do you guys have a selective service draft?

How did we get here from “Navy Captain Faces Imprisonment in Fraud Scheme”?!!
Just sayin’

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;182657]How did we get here from “Navy Captain Faces Imprisonment in Fraud Scheme”?!!
Just sayin’[/QUOTE]

It is called evolution I believe?? I’m all for letting a thread evolve, but this has gone too far.
I follow c.captain and refrain from any more of this silliness.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;182630]

'Murica[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;182657]How did we get here from “Navy Captain Faces Imprisonment in Fraud Scheme”?!!
Just sayin’[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ombugge;182658]It is called evolution I believe?? I’m all for letting a thread evolve, but this has gone too far.
I follow c.captain and refrain from any more of this silliness.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha this is actually very interesting, I think I doubled my knowledge of Norway just from reading the last 3 pages of thread…carry on, people.