Mmc

I asked my friend who used to be in the SIU what I needed to do to get the MMC and he wrote the following:

"For the MMC U need the DOT USCG Physical exam and a DOT 5 panel drug test. Once U have that, U must submit the packet in person to a USCG REC, U can find a list from the USCG NMC website.

It should take 1-2 weeks to process and mail the MMC."

Can I get the DOT USCG physical and the DOT 5 panel drug test at any of those little clinics??? I believe I saw where the DOT is 60 bucks but I’m not sure if that was the same DOT for the MMC.

I’m also assuming that I will need to get some pictures made as well and turn all of that in? The USCG don’t have certain clinics where they want you to go to get the physical?

Total price for the MMC?

Two weeks to get it is about right, after all of the physicals and drug test have been performed?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=UltimateMariner;83970]I asked my friend who used to be in the SIU what I needed to do to get the MMC and he wrote the following:

"For the MMC U need the DOT USCG Physical exam and a DOT 5 panel drug test. Once U have that, U must submit the packet in person to a USCG REC, U can find a list from the USCG NMC website.

It should take 1-2 weeks to process and mail the MMC."

Can I get the DOT USCG physical and the DOT 5 panel drug test at any of those little clinics??? I believe I saw where the DOT is 60 bucks but I’m not sure if that was the same DOT for the MMC.

I’m also assuming that I will need to get some pictures made as well and turn all of that in? The USCG don’t have certain clinics where they want you to go to get the physical?

Total price for the MMC?

Two weeks to get it is about right, after all of the physicals and drug test have been performed?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The physical can be from any licensed doctor, your choice.

Before you aspply to the Coast Guard, you need a TWIC.

There is no photos required for the Coast Guard, the one from your TWIC is imported for the MMC.

Any quest diagnostics offer dot testing. Thats where I would get mine done, Just make sure its the long form you send in to the NMC. Go to the NMC site and print up the 719 and take that to your doctor.

[QUOTE=brjones;83981]Any quest diagnostics offer dot testing. Thats where I would get mine done, Just make sure its the long form you send in to the NMC. Go to the NMC site and print up the 719 and take that to your doctor.[/QUOTE]

For an original ‘entry level’ MMC, all that’s required is form 719B. This is a much less stringent medical exam. 719K is for licensing purposes.

Check with the doctor first. I have found that not all doctors do these physicals, or drug screens, for that matter. My own doc, an internist, wouldn’t do it, so I had to ask around and make a couple of phone calls.

The pictures for your MMC will come from your TWIC. Do you have one or are in the process of getting one? If so, the CG will get the picture and fingerprints from Homeland Security.

http://www.tsa.gov/stakeholders/transportation-worker-identification-credential-twic®