MMC Card

I am going to get my MMC in November and was wondering how long does it usually take before it is ready? Also, are there any places close to Louisville, Kentucky where I can go to get it?

The current wait time is anywhere from a week to several months, depending on what you are going for and your evaluator. Are you renewing or upgrading?

I have a current application and have been delayed due to sandy.

I e mailed mine to my regional. Received an email every step if the way of its process. I had it in hand within eight days! I was impressed with the notification and speed. This was pre hurricane! Good luck and you will receive it.

[QUOTE=liftedlimo;87512]The current wait time is anywhere from a week to several months, depending on what you are going for and your evaluator. Are you renewing or upgrading?[/QUOTE]

Neither. This will be my first one. I have my TWIC and am thinking about getting on with a cruise ship in Hawaii. Maybe as a dishwasher or a security guard. My friend told me about it. He worked for them and he also worked with the SIU. What is the website for the MMC?

[QUOTE=UltimateMariner;87536]Neither. This will be my first one. I have my TWIC and am thinking about getting on with a cruise ship in Hawaii. Maybe as a dishwasher or a security guard. My friend told me about it. He worked for them and he also worked with the SIU. What is the website for the MMC?[/QUOTE]

US Coast Guard

I googled merchant mariner credential and got the information I will need. Only problem is it looks like I will need to go from Louisville to Memphis because that is the closest place from what I found on the website. I’m assuming I will need to print some forms out ahead of time?

You can download forms under " forms". You can e mail your whole packet to your nearest regional center. The list and links are on the dite as well. You need to get a Twic first. Link to that on site. It took me about four months to get everything in order and eight days to get the MMC after my regional forwarded my info to VA. Again, good luck!

God Bless Anyone wanting to enter this crazy business. But reading some posts, you are reminded of the value of a pointy stick.

Ebb,
Point well taken…