Merchant Mariner Credential upgrade issuance time frame?

Hello, I am curious if anyone has an idea of how long it takes for the Coast Guard to issue the raise in grade for my MMC based on their experience? I sent in my application for approval and I was going the route of testing on my own so I got as far as the ‘approved to test’ phase and then I decided to go to an ab school instead. So I emailed my ‘certificate of completion’ letter to the Coast Guard and now I’m in the waiting game and was curious if anyone has any idea how long this process will take from this point? I’m in a tight time frame because I’m currently on vacation from my boat and need the Credential upon return. Thanks for any help!

Seem to be pretty quick now…probably within 2 weeks by time you have it in the mail. Last year I tested on a weds and had it in hand the next Monday, that would be the fastest you could expect, unusually fast I think.

I waited a month and a half to get ARPA added, (and that’s a simple send in the cert and get the restriction removed) I just got it about two weeks ago. I’ve had turn arounds as quick as 3 weeks and as slow as 3 months. You just never know with those guys but current turn around time seems to be a month or so.

I just finished testing yesterday and the lady there said that they have been turning them around in 5-10 days… I’ll believe it when I see it but it would be nice. I head back out next week.

Three weeks for my renewal.

[QUOTE=TugNtow;164766]I just finished testing yesterday and the lady there said that they have been turning them around in 5-10 days… I’ll believe it when I see it but it would be nice. I head back out next week.[/QUOTE]

Same here, finished testing and heard the same thing- about 10 days. I will not have it in hand when I go back to work, but that’s ok, it’s a short job.

I’m out for 21 days. I’m not really worried about it if I get it before I leave since I just did the upgrade just to get the larger license. I don’t really need it for the boats I’m on and I’m not looking to move but figured I’d better upgrade while I can before they make it harder in the long run…