MMc application

Ive recently gotten my dryg screen cleared to apply for my MMC. I also have gotten my physical twic and pass port taken care of as well, all i have left to do is pay and turn my application. I’ve been sober for several months now but before my drug screen and everything else i was smoking marijuana. Again i have passed my drug screen here recently and have my results in hand for the question asking if i have smoked in the past ten years should i mark yes?

lie

Personal opinion would be to check “no” if you’ve never gotten into troubles with regards to that sort of thing. I would add that if you wish to get into this industry, any sort of use is like playing Russian roulette. One positive test can sink your career. DWI/DUI’s will follow you forever.

2 Likes

Check NO if you want a license without mounds of issues and paperwork.

2 Likes

Always say no never admit you ever smoked a joint
I saw the uscg rip up the application of a guy ahead of me who said he smoked pot while in the viet nam war

1 Like

IIRC the form asks if you have been addicted to any illegal drug in the past 10 years.
Its not like you’re being held to the same level of scrutiny as a Mormon joining the CIA or something.

2 Likes

No, the form asks if you have been a “user of and/or addicted to…”

1 Like

Correct. See 46 CFR 10.211(f) and (l).

1 Like