Military Sealift Command

Had my physical and the doc said I was fit for full duty and fit to sail. Also saw on MSC website all there entry level job openings are back open. Hopefully I’ll be in NEO in January

Comgratulations and I hope you will soon joinme at Ameroca’s premire shipping company.

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;150504]Comgratulations and I hope you will soon joinme at Ameroca’s premire shipping company.[/QUOTE]
Do you have insight on what to expect at NEO training and how long is it and what happens afterwards. I heard they bus people up to NJ for about 8 weeks of training.

congrats!!! neo is 4to5 days just a bunch of paper work mostly & then it’s straight to New Jersey

[QUOTE=thatboywes;150515]congrats!!! neo is 4to5 days just a bunch of paper work mostly & then it’s straight to New Jersey[/QUOTE]
Any idea where they hold NEO training? I’m assuming it’s at NOB getting anxious sorry for the questions that should be answered by an email I’m sure to get soon.

It is now held at NOB, in the cess-pool bldg or over at the MSC campus.

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;150638]It is now held at NOB, in the cess-pool bldg or over at the MSC campus.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. I think I know where that is. I believe it’s on the air side just past the air strip on the right where all there new offices are

[QUOTE=jlspitler;150675]Ok cool. I think I know where that is. I believe it’s on the air side just past the air strip on the right where all there new offices are[/QUOTE]

Commit this to memory and say it whenever and to whomever you think it’s relevant: I Want to Transfer to The West Coast Pool.

If you’re lucky, in 4 years or so you’ll be there and be real glad you made the move…

I had a phone interview with MSC today I applied for the SU entry level position but the opening is for OS. I’m a veteran and I hope my 10point preference will make a big difference. He said, I should be hearing something within 30days.

[QUOTE=seamanloloko;150837]I had a phone interview with MSC today I applied for the SU entry level position but the opening is for OS. I’m a veteran and I hope my 10point preference will make a big difference. He said, I should be hearing something within 30days.[/QUOTE]

Hey Seamanloloko, can you share some details on your phone interview?

1. I heard there are only a handful of questions they ask you, is that true?

2. Did you accept the opening for OS?

3. About how long from the initial time of you submitting your app did you receive the call?

I appreciate your help and answers. I am trying to develop a sensible “timeline” for new hires to look forward to when they apply for MSC.

Yes…good advice, Go To West Coast Pool, Go To West Coast Pool. But, remember, if you do go to NOB East Coast Pool: DO NOT sit in your car in the parking lot, you will get in double trouble. Because if you die in your car no one may notice your body for 3 business days. And only cars allowed to park in East Coast Pool lot must have at least 26" rims (it may be 24"?). CivMar Support Center staff measures rims at noon each day. Under 26" and you get a ticket. Most Tire & Wheelz shops on Military Hwy or Tidewater have MSC approved wheels.

3hours after my interview, MSC offered me a job and I accepted it. I’ll be an OS til I decide in the near future if I want to transfer to Supply Dept. So happy!

[QUOTE=seamanloloko;150851]3hours after my interview, MSC offered me a job and I accepted it. I’ll be an OS til I decide in the near future if I want to transfer to Supply Dept. So happy![/QUOTE]
The better future is in Engineering, Radio, then Deck. Unless you have a degree in logistics, you will shoot yourself in the foot in Supply dept. And Pinoy mafia is formidable competition for promotions.

any updates?

No updates here. . .at least not for me. I applied 12/15/2014 for entry level position. My application was “Forwarded” 12/18/2014. I’m still waiting for “the call” any day, hopefully tomorrow!!! A little about me: Veteran, TWIC, MMC w/ RFPNW, VPDSD, BST, no sea experience and my uncle currently works for MSC. I just finished local maritime school (Jacksonville, FL) this past July. I did the whole “Door Knocking” in Louisiana but Chouest was FULLY staffed at the time. I had an contingency offer from Kirby (which is hiring deckhands right now), but they wanted to me to jump through a few hoops at my own expense that I could not afford at the time. :confused: Funny thing, Kirby Inland doesn’t even require their deckhands to have Merchant Credentials, just a TWIC, but it def shows in the starting pay. Back on topic, I really hope to receive “the call” tomorrow. My uncle tells me of all the money he makes and all the ports he’s visited in the year and a half he’s been with them. He started off in the supply utility department and he just switched over to deck. I honestly and truly want to learn and develop a career on the engineer side. Nothing against supply or deck, but shore side, you are more likely to find a position with a private company making $$$ with an engineer background, than with deck or supply. Just my thoughts. Hoping for the best for all of us out here. Never Quit!

Applied Entry Level 12.15.14

Application Forwarded 12.18.14

Under Review 1.9.15

. . .Hoping to receive “The Call” tomorrow!!!

About me: Veteran (Army), listed my uncle as a reference who is currently employed with MSC, MMC with BST, RFPNW, and VPDSD. No sea experience.

Will update as soon as I hear anything. I hope the best of you all who also applied. :slight_smile:

So, I’ll take it you didn’t hear anything yet. I’m in the same sort of boat. I’m still waiting to go under review. Any update?

Nothing new for me. Application still under review. I called and they said the review process can take anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks. Next week will be week number 8 for me, that my app has been under review, so we shall see.

I noticed the Entry Level announcement has been removed form MSC’s website. AB is still available, but I’m surprised as to why. With all the uncertainty going on in the Gulf, I’m surprised MSC hasn’t been overwhelmed with highly qualified ABs.

[QUOTE=Xavier6162;156745]I noticed the Entry Level announcement has been removed form MSC’s website. AB is still available, but I’m surprised as to why. With all the uncertainty going on in the Gulf, I’m surprised MSC hasn’t been overwhelmed with highly qualified ABs.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if them taking off entry level if that’s a good or bad thing for people who have turned in application already. I hope they aren’t done hiring. I also hope they aren’t sorting through 100k applications.