Metson, CISPRI and working in Alaska

Anybody have any experience working for Metson in Alaska? They are based in Ventura, Ca. The search function only returned 4 results and none of were useful. Apparently they have some type of oil spill response contract with CISPRI (Cook Inlet Spill Prevention Response Inc). Searching for “CISPRI” turned up zero results. What I am looking for is pay for ABs and Captains. They have 2 boats, both under 100 ton and OSV type. It looks like a 28/28 schedule. Just curious if anybody has any info on them. Thanks

I just quit that job in Alaska working for Metson. They pay 300$ for AB and $500 for captain

They have a couple boats up here

The Clean Ocean I have seen in Homer and getting supplies to the Endeavor jack up rig.

And another boat sailing out of

OSK in Nikiski

Thanks guys for demonstrating the purpose and power of gcaptain — the exchange of useful information for the benefit of our community.

[QUOTE=BruisyGalore;110853]I just quit that job in Alaska working for Metson. They pay 300$ for AB and $500 for captain[/QUOTE]
Why did you quit?

[QUOTE=BruisyGalore;110853]I just quit that job in Alaska working for Metson. They pay 300$ for AB and $500 for captain[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. That’s exactly what I was searching for. Appreciate it. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you quit? Anything in particular one should look out for? Thanks

Why did you quit? Anything in particular one needs to watch out for? Whats the scoop? Lots of dock time? Also, I have tried 2 other times posting this so please forgive me if they all of a sudden show up. Thanks for the answers. I thought this question was beyond a long shot but Gcaptain delivers again.

Metson can’t be trusted. Be very careful, they don’t offer disability insurance and only pay $40 maintenance if you are injured and the cargo work at the rigs in Cook Inlet is done old school. VERY Dangerous! Spill response is a very small fraction of the work. That $500 and $300 is for the 1600ton boat and is not even close to what it should be for the risk. Don’t know what the 100ton boats are paying.
Let me repeat Metson cant be trusted.

Metson can’t be trusted. Be very careful, they don’t offer disability insurance and only pay $40 maintenance if you are injured and the cargo work at the rigs in Cook Inlet is done old school. VERY Dangerous! Spill response is a very small fraction of the work. That $500 and $300 is for the 1600ton boat and is not even close to what it should be for the risk. Don’t know what the 100ton boats are paying.
Let me repeat Metson cant be trusted.

[QUOTE=tug on;110948]Metson can’t be trusted. Be very careful, they don’t offer disability insurance and only pay $40 maintenance if you are injured and the cargo work at the rigs in Cook Inlet is done old school. VERY Dangerous! Spill response is a very small fraction of the work. That $500 and $300 is for the 1600ton boat and is not even close to what it should be for the risk. Don’t know what the 100ton boats are paying.
Let me repeat Metson cant be trusted.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. How long did you work there? Was the sched 28/28? How often did you get shafted on crew change day? Travel was paid? Thanks

I never was shafted on crew change day, they are right Metson is a lot more shady then any of the big names.