Is this true ECO

Compensation
[ul]
[li]Based on employee’s USCG documents and type of vessel[/li][li]$350-$400 per day[/li][li]Main schedule of 28 on, 14 off[/li][li]Free USCG STCW and upgrade classes offered at our training facility[/li][li]Travel pay based on direct distance from employee’s residence to our main office[/li][li]Comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, vision, long-term disability, 401(k), and company-paid short-term disability[/li][/ul]

Really!!!only 400 dollars a day for a 1600 ton mate. 100 ton Captains at Abdon Callis are making more than this.

[QUOTE=stick;109644]Compensation
[LIST]

Really!!!only 400 dollars a day for a 1600 ton mate. 100 ton Captains at Abdon Callis are making more than this.[/QUOTE]

If it’s on the internet it has to be true. Bonjour!

[QUOTE=stick;109644][B]Compensation[/B]

[ul]
[li]Based on employee’s USCG documents and type of vessel
[/li][li]$350-$400 per day
[/li][li]Main schedule of 28 on, 14 off
[/li][li]Free USCG STCW and upgrade classes offered at our training facility
[/li][li]Travel pay based on direct distance from employee’s residence to our main office
[/li][li]Comprehensive benefits package: health, dental, vision, long-term disability, 401(k), and company-paid short-term disability
[/li][/ul]

Really!!!only 400 dollars a day for a 1600 ton mate. 100 ton Captains at Abdon Callis are making more than this.[/QUOTE]

I know deckhands making $360 a day. I guess they have to work 2 for 1 just to get by.

Anybody know what the pay schedule is at Chouest ? . . . When does time go in and when does direct deposit go in ?

Time goes in on the 15 th and last day of the month. Pay in on or about the 7 th and the 21st of the month

[QUOTE=ClutchCargo;109691]I know deckhands making $360 a day. I guess they have to work 2 for 1 just to get by.[/QUOTE]

$360/day at even time is over $87,000 per year for a deckhand which is unbelievable. If he/she can’t make it on that then they won’t make it on $100,00 + per year either. To me, that’s crazy money for that position.

Enjoy the rates while they last but I can’t see how this is sustainable for the long term. I would suspect after this boom goes to bust things will equalize out substantially.

[QUOTE=“Saltine;109798”]

$360/day at even time is over $87,000 per year for a deckhand which is unbelievable. If he/she can’t make it on that then they won’t make it on $100,00 + per year either. To me, that’s crazy money for that position.

Enjoy the rates while they last but I can’t see how this is sustainable for the long term. I would suspect after this boom goes to bust things will equalize out substantially.[/QUOTE]

$360 x 183 = $65,880 for even time
$360 x 240 = $86,400 for 2/1

$65k is more than most duel income families make in a year. I guarantee you there’s a family out there somewhere living in their car who could make it on that much money.

And that’s why they aren’t seeing a mass exodus from the good tug companies.

Thats a lot more than I make running a harbor tug! Unreal!

Harbor tug captains always under paid, why I don’t know.

Im the mate but yeah. A few more bucks wouldnt hurt.

You show me a AB at chouest that makes 360 a day all show u a liar AB top pay 320 a day

[QUOTE=ecg2930;109842]You show me a AB at chouest that makes 360 a day all show u a liar AB top pay 320 a day[/QUOTE]

Of course they don’t work for Chouest.

The company has been in business a long time and is very successful. Management has a genuine background in the marine business. Real boatman, not some corporate"posers" with a good line of BS. The deckhands are worth every nickel they earn.

At Hornbeck it’s $330 for AB OSV and $350 for AB unlimited plus longevity.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;109813]$65k is more than most duel income families make in a year. I guarantee you there’s a family out there somewhere living in their car who could make it on that much money.[/QUOTE]

That is true. Mariner pay has gone up at or slightly above the inflation rate but the rest of the American workers pay has been essentially flat since 1989. Remember that mariners are skilled labor with training past the high school level.In the rest of the economy that it takes two people working to make $50,000/yr is a sad statement, especially when the pay of those benefiting from the average worker has increased astronomically. This state of affairs has been going on so long now that many people think this crap is normal. No trained, qualified, documented working mariner should apologize or feel guilty for what they make, rather they should wonder why everyone else makes so damn little [or live in cars].

Well go to abdon. Mates are at 450 and that is damn good considering most mates either don’t know shit or don’t do shit. They need to stop bitchin and get there masters. Also you have to realize your 1600 ton mate is equivalent to a 100 ton. Just saying. CHOUEST pays you the money if you upgrade yourself. That is what it is all about. If you are a 3rd mate unlimited you could make 100 bucks more a day.

[QUOTE=power230;109804]$360 x 183 = $65,880 for even time
$360 x 240 = $86,400 for 2/1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for catching my error…you knew what I meant.

I have a feeling they didn’t update the website after last year’s raise. What does it say for 1600 ton master?

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;109946]I have a feeling they didn’t update the website after last year’s raise. What does it say for 1600 ton master?[/QUOTE]

Right now everyone is too busy to update a website. I am no longer at ECO but I think there are some MAJOR changes for personnel working for on the good coming for the Deepwater crowd and not just at ECO. I would be upgrading everything I got and making sure ur unlimited DPO is up to date.

1600 is the new 200.