International personnel managers.com scam

I applied for a deckhand job with the add posted on gcaptain regarding cruise line work with the placement company internationalpersonnelmanagers.com and received and email stating that they had found three(3) companies interested in interviewing me and possibly hiring the email said i need and international background check. I went to the website that they gave me which instantly exuded a cheaply made vibe. The website then said it would be $150 per background check and was only payable by paypal. This began to smell a little fishy to me so i went to check out the companies website and low and behold it was created using the same cheap construction as the background check website. I believe it is a complete and utter scam. Does anyone have any information regarding this.

Hi New-Mate,
Yes, looks like a scam or BS site to me too. I like the note on the bottom saying that they have “high paying” jobs in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Thailand. Would those be jobs for a Spring Break Bartender, Surf Instructor, or Beach Masseuse??!!

I also saw the link somewhere on gCaptain, can’t remember where, though. Looks pretty hokey so I doubt it will catch any of us . . … . errrrr, I HOPE not, anyway! :confused:
Cheers,
Kevin

PM Mikey or Tim with the link.

Guess you beat me to the punch New-Mate. It started smelling fishy to me when they removed the job posting from the employment board. The generic-low-budget site didn’t help their cause either. Did the e-mail look like this?

You replied to our ad for cruiseline jobs,our company
International Personnel Managers provides cruiseline staff to
cruiselines in the United States and 12 foreign countries. Three(3)
of our cruiselines after reviewing your resume are interested in
hiring you,they are all paying $22.75 To 48.95 per hour plus cruise
bonuses and have a standard benefits package,including housing on
board and travel allowance . These jobs require international
travel,so you will need to furnish your prospective employers with a
International Background Report.The background report will be limited
to major felonies(Class 1)so if you have minor issues in your past it
won’t be a problem.The background reports are done at Worldwide
Research Associates.Com
http://www.<WBR>worldwideresearchassociates.<WBR>com Below are your employer
ID numbers you will need these when filling out the form at Worldwide
Research Associates.Com.Your Employer ID Numbers = 239/21t/823 these
indentify the employers so your background report and resume package
can be sent to them.When you have completed the background report
process,this brings you to the interview process.Two of the jobs are
in Miami,Fl and one in San Diego,CA.Your interview will be conducted
by phone,you will be notified by your prospective employers by email
with the date and time of your interview.Ourservice is free to you,
our fee is paid by the Employer so please notify us when you are hired
so that we can confirm and bill the
employer. Good Luck with your interview and upcoming job offer.

Otto Nelson
                   Manager/ Foreign Trades Jobs
                International Personnel Managers
                  28 West 44th Street, Suite 704
                    New York City,New York. 10001

yes that is the exact email word for word. It is such a terribly executed scam i hope no one falls for it.

The link was up for about 24 hrs before a member reported it and we took it down.

The job listing was automatically fed to the gCaptain job board via indeed (I believe). All the jobs you see on the job board are listed free and/or automatically fed through RSS. We hope to direct sell in the future, but right now we just don’t have the time or resources to do so - therefore you would see far fewer listings on there. We do however try to verify all listings as “real” and still open, but apparently some slip through the cracks.

The good thing is I think everyone on here is smart enough to figure these scams out before they go posting there social security and cc #'s all of the web.

also if you look on google maps for the addresses given one of them is a tavern in NY and the other is by a monument in DC. I tried calling the number given and asked the operator if this was a scam he proceeded to say that they have been in business for 20 years… Ya right

Yes but they still have postings for Construction Jobs State side and Overseas. I almost fell for it cause I haven’t had steady work in a while. Thank Goodness I had the sense to do a little research on these two. I hope nobody falls for them. I wish I knew how to get their adds removed before some poor desperate for work person falls for them.[quote=Mikey;29137]The link was up for about 24 hrs before a member reported it and we took it down.

The job listing was automatically fed to the gCaptain job board via indeed (I believe). All the jobs you see on the job board are listed free and/or automatically fed through RSS. We hope to direct sell in the future, but right now we just don’t have the time or resources to do so - therefore you would see far fewer listings on there. We do however try to verify all listings as “real” and still open, but apparently some slip through the cracks.

The good thing is I think everyone on here is smart enough to figure these scams out before they go posting there social security and cc #'s all of the web.[/quote]

44th street and 5th avenue 7th floor? hmmm… can’t picture it but seems like a pretty high rent area for a job placement office.
now, if they had listed anywhere way way west on 23rd street or way downtown (40 Broadway or 42 Broadway) or Bayonne NJ: sure.
but 44th street & 5th avenue, right smack in midtown??? “FUH-GED-A-BOUD-IT”

Just wanted to let you guys know the add is bullshit. I’m a plumber and I got the exact same job numbers. 239/21t/823. I googled the address and found this forum. If the wep page didn’t look so shitty and the creator knew how to spell I might have fallen for it.

Hi guys, Im new on the forum.
I was searching on the web with keys matching the address "28 West 44th Street"
But the e-mail I received from someone at Gambitny.com

I went around to see if the site is legit or not. The site claims to be 30 years of experience the recruiting business, but … the website came to existence in 2005 (registered in 2004)

[B]Anyone else received that e-mail?[/B]

here’s the e-mail:

Dear ************
[I]My name is Eric Foltmer and I work at Gambit Technologies, a strategic recruiting firm. I am reaching out to you in regards to your resume. I am currently working on a few full time positions with Tier1 financial firms that I think you’d be a great shot for! Please let me know if you are interested in discussing further details about the positions.[/I]
[I]Best,[/I]
[I]Eric[/I]

[I]Eric Foltmer[/I]
[I]Tel: 212-710-9700 ext. 207[/I]
[I]Fax: 646-478-9812[/I]
[I][U]eric.foltmer@gambitny.com[/U] [/I]
[I] [/I]
[I]GAMBIT TECHNOLOGIES[/I]
[I]28 West 44th Street, Suite 908[/I]
[I]New York, NY 10036[/I]
[I]http://www.gambitny.com/[/I]