Inland unlimited tonnage

I’m trying to sit for my mate of steam and motor inland any gross tons. Does anyone know where I can find some sea time on vessels over 1600 tons without going deep sea? Maybe ferries or something similar.

Great Lakes or maybe some of the Washington or Alaska state ferries.

I think Staten Island ferries are

And you could call the Delaware River, Cape May-Lewes Ferries too. IIRC they have one over 1600

Thanks a lot guys. I’m going to check out the west coast companies first. Closer to home. Trying to get the sea service on my time off.

Your best bet is probably on the great Lakes, grand river navigation is usually hiring.

How much time do you need? If you sail on the Lakes, you would get a chance at enough trips to write pilotage, too. Plus, that would give you a Great Lakes/Inland license which is different than just Inland and, if the cards fall right, a bit of time wheeling.

[QUOTE=acesouthcoast;115696]I’m trying to sit for my mate of steam and motor inland any gross tons. Does anyone know where I can find some sea time on vessels over 1600 tons without going deep sea? Maybe ferries or something similar.[/QUOTE]

http://www.hmsgm.com/

I need 1080 days on vessels over 200 GRT, half of which must be on vessels over 1600 ton. I have over 9 years on near coastal tugs on the east coast and gulf but most are all under 200 ton. I can’t seem to find just an inland license. I only see great lakes/ inland. Do you know the difference?

Drawing pilotage would be great!

read the 11.433 and the 11.435 parts. that is the difference between Great Lakes and inland, and JUST inland.

SS JOHN BROWN in Baltimore