1600 Ton inland?

Does a 1600 ton INLAND license cover western rivers ? Or is there a separate license , only place I’ve seen one is Davis marine offering a 1600ton western rivers course. Is it even worth it to get a 1600 ton inland license employment wise ? Also does it include the Great Lakes or would I have to test separate , been on the rivers for 7 years and just don’t see myself pushing barges. The inland tonnage licenses are kind of a grey area. Thank you