200 ton restriction

I currently hold a 200 ton masters and a master of towing 200 ton inland waters, western rivers,Great Lakes . How can I go about having the 200 ton restriction on the master of towing removed ?

Put in your application and upgrade.

guess I’d have to spend some time on a vessel over 200ton and then go back to school ?

ok I guess I’d have to spend some time on a vessel over 200 tons and then go back to school ?

[QUOTE=jimmy4738;140595]I currently hold a 200 ton masters and a master of towing 200 ton inland waters, western rivers,Great Lakes . How can I go about having the 200 ton restriction on the master of towing removed ?[/QUOTE]

Go to the NMC website an look at the checklist for Master 500/1600 GRT. Then peruse this forum for answers on how to do it. There is a whole subsection just on Master 500 upgrade. The search function is your friend.

[QUOTE=jimmy4738;140595]I currently hold a 200 ton masters and a master of towing 200 ton inland waters, western rivers,Great Lakes . How can I go about having the 200 ton restriction on the master of towing removed ?[/QUOTE]

It depends on why you had the limit added and how you got the endorsement originally. If it was because you didn’t take the full exam, you just need to take the exam. This is common for limits of 100 tons, it’s pretty rare for 200 ton. It’s also possiblee it’s an error.

I did take the full exam with the last part being at the rec - guess I’ll make some phone calls . I probably should have done this sooner considering it been on my license the past two issues…thanks for the help

If your on a 200 ton boat, then you are already on a boat that you can use the sea time for a 500 or 1600 license. You don’t need to go to a bigger boat.