500GRT to 1600GRT Mate

I’m about to test for my 500 ton Mate’s Inland license. In order to get a 1600 ton Mate, do I have to have sea time on vessels over 100 tons or do I only have to take an additional test? I am currently on a Harbor Tug that is less than 100 tons.

From mate to mate there is no test. The only real difference between those two licenses is the size of vessels you got your sea time on. You need half of your time to be over 100 grt…

There is no t6est for 500 to 1600 GRT, provided the oute for each is the same. Sea time (on larger vessels) is all that is needed.

Great. Thanks for the clarification.