Hornbeck & Harvey Gulf Pay/Benefits

[QUOTE=tugsailor;144757]Signet’s " tobacco free" policy sounds good to me. I wish we had that policy.[/QUOTE]

i would love to see that, but show me a HUGE operator who give mores of a shit about my ridiculously expensive healthcare premiums (which could be lower if they adopted a tobacco-free policy across the board starting right now, let alone for all new hires) vs their own profit motivations which lead them to believe that they can’t afford to tell their own workers, tobacco = no healthcare from us, vs. tobacco free = reasonable premiums for company sponsored health care.

can an ECO employee tell me roughly how much they pay each paycheck for a family PPO type plan w/dental? I’d really like to know.

All together $236.50 on this end…

Youre spot on.

We pay $100 for a top shelf 90/10 plan. The 80/20 plan is $50.

Johnny Canal thank God we don’t work at the same company.

[QUOTE=coldduck;144776]Johnny Canal thank God we don’t work at the same company.[/QUOTE]

Duckie,

What took you so long?

Long line at the Fourchon corner store for Skoal?

Uniforms in the GoM has nothing whatsoever to do with professionalism. The entire uniform thing in the Gulf is about asserting control by Joe Boss by eliminating individuality of the mariner. Another rule to obey. Uniforms are the ground floor to a regiment. The GoM mariner is part of a machine expected to work and act in accordance with the established order hence why the voluminous procedures for everything. YOU WILL OBEY OR ELSE!

We’re paying you so WE demand your obedience! NOW DOUBLETIME QUICK MARCH…ALL OF YOU!

Oh yeah, that’s it…

Did you take your pills today?

of course that’s it…did I stutter?

Did you take your pills today?

half a dozen and all washed down with a stiff Bloody Mary plus a cigar…a Breakfast for Champions as opposed to Champeons!

Soooo drilling and the other service companies don’t require uni’s? All those guys wondering around on deck in different colored coveralls are prisoners on work detail? When a drilling company does it it’s ok but when an osv company does it it’s for obedience? I can’t see on the bridge but do all the DPO’s wear fitted silk suits?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;144798]I can’t see on the bridge but do all the DPO’s wear fitted silk suits?[/QUOTE]

Silk??? Please…

Only vicuña wool.

Silk is for the wipers and roustabouts.

LolZ unlimited ships (unlimited crews) only do it for obedience too.

I can’t wait til OMSA gets these rigs classed under 10,000itc so I can work on them.

Joe Boss is everywhere…if some dpo showed up on the bridge not suitably attired he’d het told to go below or risk being written up.

To me that is subservience, but I too will wear a uniform even if I know why the boss wants us to wear them.

I wouldn’t make it there. I wear shorts almost every day on the boat & tennis shoes or docksiders. I wanna be comfortable when I’m driving the boat

[QUOTE=z-drive;144801]LolZ unlimited ships (unlimited crews) only do it for obedience too.[/QUOTE]

HELL! Put me inn dress whites with the choker collar all day everyday if it got me lots of hot poontang! The hotter they are, the more obedient I will be…you should see me down on all fours like a dog to make a woman squeal with delight!

of course, pretending at being a dog that acts like a man can be a lot of fun too!

[QUOTE=Tugted;144809]I wouldn’t make it there. I wear shorts almost every day on the boat & tennis shoes or docksiders. I wanna be comfortable when I’m driving the boat[/QUOTE]

I would wear a Speedo if they paid me enough. It wouldn’t be cheap. Maybe 20,000/day. We are all prostitutes, it is just a matter of price…

I have been consulting with a number of OSV companies on uniform design. Not only do they want something distinctive, so as to differentiate their employees from competitors, they also wish to stress safety, making sure that, if a man overboard situation arises, he can be easily seen in the water.

Here is the design I came up for ECO, utilizing colors as close to those of their vessels as possible.

Here is the design for Seacor:

The employees of both companies will be extremely proud to wear these uniforms.

What’s worse than a uniform, is requiring a DPO 3rd to have a College Degree. Why and to what end?

lol like certain companies require not only a maritime academy degree but participation in the regiment (even to work in the office)!