Got my ticket BUT

just got my 500 ton master but it did not come with the 3000 ITC, Do I have to apply seperate for that? If so is there any other requirements? I was believing that the 3000 ITC came along with the 500 ton master

You have to ask for it. You will get a trade restricted endorsement for OSV nmt 3000 GT (ITC) for domestic near coastal voyages.

Ok Because my lic says of now

Master of steam or motor vessels of not more than 500 gross tons (domestic tonnage) upon near coastal waters. And one more Question, How far offshore is near coastal waters? I know stupid question

200 miles.

If you do get your oceans your 3000 OSV will also say oceans.

The 3000 OSV “gimme” endorsement will not say oceans even if you do have a Master 500 GRT on Oceans.

[QUOTE=skinny stick;76335]just got my 500 ton master but it did not come with the 3000 ITC, Do I have to apply seperate for that? If so is there any other requirements? I was believing that the 3000 ITC came along with the 500 ton master[/QUOTE]

There is a USCG Policy Letter that covers this. Sorry that I can’t cite the specific letter, but if you can’t find it, I’ll be home in a week and can get it for you then. I had the same problem. When I called in the NMC person said I couldn’t get the endorsement … until I referenced the letter. That was all it took.

Isn’t it CG-543 POLICY LETTER 11-12

The only time 3000 itc is automatic is when you get a 1600 ton license and even then you should ask for it to be sure. In that case it is the same license with dual tonnage.

What you are looking for is a completely separate license from your 500 ton and they don’t give you everything you are qualified for, only what you ask for and are qualified for.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;76342]The 3000 OSV “gimme” endorsement will not say oceans even if you do have a Master 500 GRT on Oceans.[/QUOTE]

Yes it will. Mine says Master of Offshore Supply Vessels of not more then 3000 gross tons (ITC Tonnage) upon oceans.

The USCG checklists page on the NMC website is currently unavailable. Based on what I have read there in the past, though, is that if someone has a 500 GRT Master Oceans with no trade restrictions, they can simply request the Master OSV 3000 GT (ITC), but the endorsement will be worded with the language for near coastal domestic voyages. If you obtained Master OSV through a company training program, and have the celestial class, it will read as upon Oceans.

Wondering why the checklist page is unavailable.

Not sure if it’s different between master and mate but I got the 3000 ITC added to my license and it only says near coastal for ITC. I called the NMC and was told that’s all you get with that “piggyback”.

Ok yall are making this too difficult.

You can get a 3000 ITC with your 500 ton unrestricted masters or mate, but you have to ask for it and it will limit you to OSV’s. When you take a celestial class and turn it in ask for your 3000 ITC OSV to be raised to oceans at the same time as your 500 ton. 3000 OSV oceans is not restricted to the OSV only license that you have to go through an “approved” training program to get.

This is what I have and that is what I did to get it. That is all there is to it.