Got a fire going and a window open

Felt chilly and damp this morning here in Maine so started a fire to drive the chill off. Had to crack the kitchen window open to keep it from getting too hot.

Forecast is rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Windy with gusts to 50 mph.

Surface analysis

500 mb upper air

1 Like

Not a good time to be travelling off the Outer Banks last night with rain and winds gusting over 50 kts and offshore waves heights to 22 feet. Rain has stopped but wind is still strong and water still rising and about to breach the bulkheads in the harbor.

Chilly white Christmas at my house too. We have power but internet & everything associated with it has been out since we made it home last night. Kids hate that but it’s one of the best Christmas presents I received in forever. Chess, card games & playing outside, no electronics, the way Christmas used to be.

I wish a Merry Christmas to all gCaptain visitors. Those at home & the ones keeping the maritime business going by being stuck onboard this holiday season. Hope those guys get to be home next year.

7 Likes

We have a deep low to the south of New Zealand pulling up Antarctic air so the South Island is not enjoying seasonal weather at the moment. In the north rain and wind blew away any ideas for a table setting on the lawn.