Update

Howdy Merchant Seamen, work is moving along real good. The cabin will look great with its new hat and porch, images were taken yesterday. My knee has pretty much healed up but Doc says the next time, Buster, your ass will be grass.

My very best to all of you,
Sweat-n-Grease

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/7343/ci4a.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/3308/f94h.jpg

John it is good to hear from you shipmate! I was thinking I’d write you again to see how things were going out there? I had been bidding on a deuce and a half with a big water tank on the back thinking it would come in handy for you out in the woods this time of year but got outbid in the end. How are the fires in your neck of the woods this year? Last year, we knew they were not far away…I hope it is better this go round?

Glad also to hear that the homestead and the knee are both coming back together for you. Keep “endeavoring to persevere” there old man and come back here more often. We all miss the voice of that grumpy mountain man from the Bitteroots!

John,

It’s not the same around here without you. Someone has to keep a leash on c.captain. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is great news to see that your “cabin” and your self are just about healed up.

I hope that you decide to come back more often as we need someone like yourself around here.

[QUOTE=c.captain;119381]John it is good to hear from you shipmate! I was thinking I’d write you again to see how things were going out there? I had been bidding on a deuce and a half with a big water tank on the back thinking it would come in handy for you out in the woods this time of year but got outbid in the end.[/QUOTE]

Howdy c.captain, I recall you mentioning something about this rig just before I fell down and went boom.

[QUOTE=c.captain;119381] How are the fires in your neck of the woods this year? Last year, we knew they were not far away…I hope it is better this go round?[/QUOTE]
Not as bad this year, one burning south of me on the Montana/Idaho border, one closer, a bit north of me near Lolo on highway12.

[QUOTE=c.captain;119381]Glad also to hear that the homestead and the knee are both coming back together for you. Keep “endeavoring to persevere” there old man and come back here more often. We all miss the voice of that grumpy mountain man from the Bitteroots![/QUOTE]

Well, I got a lot to be thankful for, great medical doctors and service plus one of the finest home construction crew in Montana, and guess what, day all ax for you, da Doctors ax, da Roofers ax, even da doggies too.~
Should the last words puzzle anyone it’s obvious ya never sailed out of Naw’Lins.

Glad all is on the mend. Good to see your post!

[QUOTE=Tugs;119405]John,

It’s not the same around here without you. Someone has to keep a leash on c.captain. :stuck_out_tongue: [/QUOTE]

Wasn’t that suppose to be your job, Tugs, or perhaps Capt Blob?

[QUOTE=Tugs;119405]It is great news to see that your “cabin” and your self are just about healed up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tugs, but I’m mighty lucky.

[QUOTE=Tugs;119405]I hope that you decide to come back more often as we need someone like yourself around here.[/QUOTE]

What on earth for? I’m in my Dotage.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;119410]Howdy c.captain, I recall you mentioning something about this rig just before I fell down and went boom.[/QUOTE]

This was the one I bought back in June

and this was the one I just got outbid on

The one I have didn’t have the tank on the back or the pump. It used to have one, but the department that decommissioned it, transferred their over to another old Army truck

in the meantime “This is Ray Goulding reminding you to write if you get work”; “Bob Elliott reminding you to hang by your thumbs”

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Tugs;119405]Someone has to keep a leash on c.captain.[/QUOTE]

There ain’t a cell or a leash made that can hold me copper! You’ll have to kill me to stop me!

Good to hear from you and also good to see that things are well. Yeah, I got the “Audubon Zoo” reference. Nice touch.