GOL changing colors

I was informed today that the HGIM acquired GOL…man, they gonna need a lot of blue paint! LoL

Lots of GOL capts getting ready for a pay cut then…

WTH? Didn’t they just build new boats and a new facility at I-90 and the 308? Wondered about them when they sold their B slip space to ECO, though.

Anyone hear anything official?

I believe it when I see the press release and the paint buckets

[QUOTE=SeaScoundrel;105179]Anyone hear anything official?[/QUOTE]

This is indeed true, CEO Joel Broussard has been wanting out of the business for some time. Lots of debt on the company and they were at the point of needing to be a big deepwater player or downsize. I can tell you that the selling of the dock to Chouest was partially self inflicted and partially forced. Their biggest customer was bought out over a year ago and Chouest had him land locked with no room to expand. He needed to get out, Chouest knew it, gave him a lower than desired offer and took it.

I do know that GOL was trying to build an anchor boat within the last few years and got nixed by Chouest. Apparently Gary has a lock and key on the supply of winches and found out GOL had swindled a set thru a third party. GOL was “kindly” told to not build the vessel and sell the winches to Gary, for a loss of course.

regardless, its interesting times in the market and looks to be an incredible future for the next 4+ years. Hope everyone can get the desired positions and the pay to go with it. My advice is to upgrade of you can, do a good job and show some loyalty if you find a good outfit. I think the tides are turning and the operators will have to respect their employees a bit more and vice versa.

I agree that it’s a interesting time in the market. As rumor has it all the smaller none DP boats will be managed by a different company in the gulf.

[QUOTE=boats67;105267]I agree that it’s a interesting time in the market. As rumor has it all the smaller none DP boats will be managed by a different company in the gulf.[/QUOTE]

I heard REC Logistics would be operating/managing the utility boats and mini supply’s.

[QUOTE=Saltine;105239] My advice is to upgrade of you can, do a good job and show some loyalty if you find a good outfit. I think the tides are turning and the operators will have to respect their employees a bit more and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

thanks…funny it takes most people a few years out of the academy or entering the industry to figure this one out, or wait to land at the right company, but once you are there, being loyal makes all the difference. Don’t just be a “yes” man though!

I dont know. Gol just put up a sign in front of the office. Surely no one would waste money just for smoke and mirrors

Funny how folks that don’t work for GOL or Harvey have all this inside information. This guy Saltine must hide under Joel’s desk for this privy info. I’ve only been with GOL for ten years and we’ve sold the company at least 10 times it seems from all the talk. Hell Harvey’s bought us for the last three years in a row.
I’m not saying we won’t ever be sold. Shit it may be next week but it won’t be because we’re hurting its because Joel was offered more than he could turn down. Same reason the dock was sold. Money!

Wasn’t the dock built for 32 million and sold for 26 million. Gary won again.

26 is a long way from what I heard.

[QUOTE=CaptB;107087]Funny how folks that don’t work for GOL or Harvey have all this inside information. This guy Saltine must hide under Joel’s desk for this privy info. I’ve only been with GOL for ten years and we’ve sold the company at least 10 times it seems from all the talk. Hell Harvey’s bought us for the last three years in a row.
I’m not saying we won’t ever be sold. Shit it may be next week but it won’t be because we’re hurting its because Joel was offered more than he could turn down. Same reason the dock was sold. Money![/QUOTE]

To clear things up: I don’t live under Joel’s desk, it’s not privy info and it’s well known throughout the industry what’s going on. The boat business is a small community and it’s very hard to keep things private without people finding out your business. I can acknowledge the fact that many rumors go around and some turn out to be nothing more than that. Please don’t take this as an insult but the guys working on the boat are the last to find out about anything and by the time it does make it there the story has been twisted multiple times. The officers of my employer (and past employer as well) know Joel very well as well as Shane Guidry. I’m not saying either of us or right/wrong but I will go with my sources as it’s probably more reliable than someone on a boat working tens of miles offshore.

Any more info?

My apologies Saltine…

[QUOTE=CaptB;107981]My apologies Saltine…[/QUOTE]

No harm or need to apologize…it happens.

Well at least GOL is still around, but say bye bye to the deep water boats

So what’s the news??

And a couple of there smaller boats also…

I did hear that he was looking Into going in the drilling side like buying rigs. Sure that’s just rumors…