Français

Italiano

Polski

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preferences

Is ECO’s Galliano training center open to public? or just for employees? any recommendations on where to take my OICNW assessment classes in the south? thanks

[QUOTE=GuLfOfStOnEy;108204][B]<<<SNIP>>>Dude why is all this extra crap showing up when you post? <<<SNIP>>>[/B]

Is ECO’s Galliano training center open to public? or just for employees? any recommendations on where to take my OICNW assessment classes in the south? thanks[/QUOTE]
1.No
2. Yes
3. www.mptusa.com
www.qualitymaritime.info
www.mamatrains.com

i dont know why all that shit shows up when i post…!? its been doing it automatically… ill check into it

People from other companies do attend courses there. I think it is set up and paid for as a group by the other company. Whether an individual can setup and pay for themselves, I couldn’t say for sure but I don’t think so. If it is available to individuals it’s not advertised.

[QUOTE=Capt ETC;108228]People from other companies do attend courses there. I think it is set up and paid for as a group by the other company. Whether an individual can setup and pay for themselves, I couldn’t say for sure but I don’t think so. If it is available to individuals it’s not advertised.[/QUOTE]

I asked if I could attend as an individual and the answer was “no”.

You don’t need to take any OICNW classes if you can get your control sheets signed off.

Most of your classes you need can be taken at Fletcher in Houma, Youngs Memorial in Morgan City, and Delgado in new Orleans.

If i get my OICNW done and get my 1600 mate, then move to 1600 master, can i eventually go to third mate? or do i still need half my seatime on vessels Over 1600gt…

Look at the 3M checklist on the NMC website. For any unlimited license 50% of your seatime must be on vessels over 1600 GRT/ 3000 ITC.

[QUOTE=GuLfOfStOnEy;108282]If i get my OICNW done and get my 1600 mate, then move to 1600 master, can i eventually go to third mate? or do i still need half my seatime on vessels Over 1600gt…[/QUOTE]

You don’t have to get Master 1600 for 3rd Mate. You can get 3rd Mate as soon as you have the sea time for it – 3 years in the deck department with at least 6 months as AB.

All of the time has to be over 200 GRT, and if half of it is not on over 1600 GRT, you’ll get a tonnage restriction.

thanks for all yalls input, im gonna switch companies and get on a vessel over 1600gt and do my OICNW shipboard and go straight to 3rd mate…

where you gonna try and go big ship or stay in the gulf?

prob. try HOS or one of the big bayou mafias, just to get it done quik , ultimate goal is to get on a drill ship with my 3rd mate /DP and move up from there, always open for input though, all i know is oilfield work, not to much about big ship, deff. not opposed to it.

Maritime professional training in Ft. Lauderdale. I was able to complete almost all my OINCW from June to Sept. The only one they do not offer is assessment 1-5f (azimuth of the sun while aboard a vessel) but you can complete everything else there. Summertime offers discount prices, but you’re looking at about 10k when its all said and done.