Frameable License on it's way NMC announces

Will this keep the masses happy?

You decide.

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/announcements/info_bulletin_certificates_for_framing.pdf

Finally…

THEY listened and and acted. It only took a year which is light speed to tthe rest of the world.

There is a link to give feedback. I am in Trinidad right now and my e-mail capabilities suck. If anybody else looks at it, please e-mail THEM that the bottom section should be the old style not just a copy and paster of the existing document. You all will see hat I mean when you see it. I will be e-mailing when I can get on the ship and use my account there.

If we all respond quickly enough, THEY will make it the traditional entry instead of what THEY are proposing. Chop, chop.

It only took a year or so, but it’s a step in the right direction. The licensing backlog was [I]the[/I] priority after all. I can see where it might be difficult to render a traditional document on a single page certificate, some guys have pages of pilotage that could never fit. It’s a pretty smart way to issue them as well. Somebody’s taking advantage of the tech department in using a program that will merge your credential into this “Legacy” document. Could it be better? Perhaps add the issue number to the upper right hand corner for starters. Is it more than we had? Definitely.

Hmmmm. Just what I wanted. A framed picture of my license to put over the toilet at home so I am constantly reminded what I do for a living every time I take a leak!!!

But it does impress the uneducated! :slight_smile:

A nice accessory to any bath decor. Mama would be proud. Papa too.

Lame but at least it’s free and easy; not sure I like the caveat printed at the bottom-nothing folks can’t eliminate themselves though. The one I made last year with my scanner and paintbrush software looks better, ie truely authentic. I’ll give it a 70%, thanks NMC!!!

[QUOTE=tugsim;38809]Will this keep the masses happy?

You decide.

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/announcements/info_bulletin_certificates_for_framing.pdf[/QUOTE]

Maybe? I guess if I needed something for the “I love me wall” at home this would suffice. I [I]could[/I] just scan and photoshop my old license. It’s nice that they(USCG) actually took one of our requests seriously and acted upon it. Personally, I’m happy with the MMC and glad to see the 3 documents go.

Does anyone know if you can still do this I cant find a link on the Coast Guard Site. Yes, I am seriously that vain.

[QUOTE=Moguldan;97600]Does anyone know if you can still do this I cant find a link on the Coast Guard Site. Yes, I am seriously that vain.[/QUOTE]

Yes
https://homeport.uscg.mil/mycg/portal/ep/browse.do?channelId=-43401&channelPage=%2Fep%2Fmmld%2FcertSearchBody.jsp&pageTypeId=13489&BV_SessionID=@@@@0053226176.1360037160@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadfimjflmefcfngcfkmdfhfdfgo.0

[QUOTE=tugsim;38809]Will this keep the masses happy?

You decide.

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/announcements/info_bulletin_certificates_for_framing.pdf[/QUOTE]

I am going to ask my state if they would be so kind as to issue me a copy of my driving license, suitable for framing, to go along beside it !

I dont need a framed license for the rack but I do admit those of us that have had the license and now the passport, there is a sort of feeling missing when you work your way up to Chief and they send you a sticker for your your book.

I like the little book.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;97605]I like the little book.[/QUOTE]

I like having the little book AND the certificate so I can be both practical AND vain at the same time :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=brjones;97604]I dont need a framed license for the rack but I do admit those of us that have had the license and now the passport, there is a sort of feeling missing when you work your way up to Chief and they send you a sticker for your your book.[/QUOTE]

I never really cared as long as I got the Chief pay.:wink:
Heck I sailed a few times before when the 3rd,2nd and 1st all held chief licenses. Putting that paper work on the bulkhead confused a few. A chief license is something you get for sticking around long enough to able to take the test. The license doesn’t make you a chief anyway, only your ship mates truly bestow the “chief” title and you earn it. Many have the paper, few have the respect.

“Because You’re good enough, You’re smart enough, and doggone it, People like me!” - Stuart Smalley