Coming Soon - Merchant Mariner Certificates Suitable for Framing

The Coast Guard is finalizing development of a Merchant Mariner Certificate, suitable for
framing, which will soon be available for mariners who hold or have held a valid Merchant
Mariner Credential to download from a Coast Guard web site, print and proudly display.

http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/announcements/info_bulletin_certificates_for_framing.pdf

About time the USCG came up with a solution to resolving a 200 year tradition.

Thanks Commander Stalfort.

Hopefully they’re getting comments about the format of the document. Personally, I think it’s going to look pretty cheap when it prints out if it throws all the qualifications on it - I don’t want my FH/Wiper endorsement on it.

:rolleyes:would hope that it will be at least suitable to print on a roll of charmin!!:rolleyes:

Since this “Document” is not official then why don’t one of you enterprising types start a little side business printing these things out. It will look cheap as hell if you print it with your 20 dollar printer that is low on ink on thin paper. But how about a large format laser printer on some nice sheepskin and framed to match. Could print out the boiler plate stuff and then do calligraphy for the specifics. If you go to a doctor that is what he has on his wall and I bet you he don’t tote that around everywhere he needs to “prove” he is a doctor. My point being you can have something nice and it is what it is to the fact that it aint exactly official. And to those of you worried about the fakes doing this, it is already happening with every other profession out there, you can get a “diploma” on the internet, heck, you might buy the two for one deal and be Dr. Captain.

Wonder if you can print it on coaster size?

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;39495]Since this “Document” is not official then why don’t one of you enterprising types start a little side business printing these things out. It will look cheap as hell if you print it with your 20 dollar printer that is low on ink on thin paper. But how about a large format laser printer on some nice sheepskin and framed to match. Could print out the boiler plate stuff and then do calligraphy for the specifics. If you go to a doctor that is what he has on his wall and I bet you he don’t tote that around everywhere he needs to “prove” he is a doctor. My point being you can have something nice and it is what it is to the fact that it aint exactly official. And to those of you worried about the fakes doing this, it is already happening with every other profession out there, you can get a “diploma” on the internet, heck, you might buy the two for one deal and be Dr. Captain.[/QUOTE]

Well you’re Ea$y Money…why don’t you start it up? Personally I think I’m just going to Photoshop my original license.

[QUOTE=New3M;39510]Well you’re Ea$y Money…why don’t you start it up? Personally I think I’m just going to Photoshop my original license.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget the matching gear to a license dubbed as for “entertainment purposes only” … http://captainsring.com/

But wait, there’s more! If you order now we will double the offer and throw in the travel size wall hanging that will make any room feel like home. Just pay separate shipping and handling. That’s one wall hanging printed on real fake sheepskin, 4 coasters, and 2 rolls of Master mariner bathroom tissue. Call now and we will double the offer.

Remember, we screwed the other guy so we could pass the savings on to you.

Ohh if only Billy Mays was around to film that infomercial!