Finally Approved to test....Chief Mate or BUST!

<table style=“width: 500px; height: 483px;” border=“0” cellpadding=“3” cellspacing=“0”><tbody><tr class=“listItem” id=“listOdd”><td>Credential Status</td> <td>APPROVED TO TEST</td> </tr> <tr class=“listItem” id=“listEven”> <td valign=“top”>Transaction Type</td> <td>UPGRADE
</td> </tr> <tr class=“listItem” id=“listOdd”> <td valign=“top”>Status Information</td> <td>Your application for this credential was approved for applicant testing on November 05, 2009. Prior to issuance you will be required to pass the following examinations: DECK GENERAL + DECK SAFETY (70%), DECK GENERAL - PART A (70%), DECK GENERAL - PART B (70%), DECK SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION (70%), MOBILE OFFSHORE DRILLING UNIT OPERATIONS (70%), NAVIGATION GENERAL (70%), NAVIGATION PROBLEMS - CHART PLOTTING (90%), NAVIGATION PROBLEMS - NEAR COASTAL (90%), NAVIGATION PROBLEMS - OCEANS (80%), RULES OF THE ROAD (90%), and STABILITY (70%). You will receive a letter from the National Maritime Center detailing the exam procedures. You should schedule your exams online at http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/rec_information.asp upon receipt of the letter. You must have paid your exam fees before you will be allowed to take your exams pay.gov.

I never thought it was going to get processed. I can tell you that I had to have had the most thorough evaluator there.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Not too bad…just gave you some extra time to study.

Lee - CONGRATULATIONS! Best of luck on the testing. Not that you need it.

Go get’em Cap. It’s no hill for a high stepper like you! I know you’ll be busy as hell but keep us posted when you can. You’ve got a pretty long row to hoe.

Best of luck.

Nemo

Best of luck to you Captain…

Good luck…

Congratulations and good luck to you!

Fantastic Lee,
But dang, 11 exam modules. I am confident you can handle it and will do well. Best to you.

9 Modules for the Chief Mate and 2 Modules for the Barge Supervisor.

It is a ton of material. Not enough hours in one day.

[quote=Capt. Lee;20599]<table style=“width: 500px; height: 483px;” border=“0” cellpadding=“3” cellspacing=“0”><tbody><tr class=“listItem” id=“listOdd”><td>Credential Status</td> <td>APPROVED TO TEST</td> </tr> <tr class=“listItem” id=“listEven”> <td valign=“top”>Transaction Type</td> <td>UPGRADE
</td> </tr> <tr class=“listItem” id=“listOdd”> <td valign=“top”>Status Information</td> <td>Your application for this credential was approved for applicant testing on November 05, 2009. Prior to issuance you will be required to pass the following examinations: DECK GENERAL + DECK SAFETY (70%), DECK GENERAL - PART A (70%), DECK GENERAL - PART B (70%), DECK SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION (70%), MOBILE OFFSHORE DRILLING UNIT OPERATIONS (70%), NAVIGATION GENERAL (70%), NAVIGATION PROBLEMS - CHART PLOTTING (90%), NAVIGATION PROBLEMS - NEAR COASTAL (90%), NAVIGATION PROBLEMS - OCEANS (80%), RULES OF THE ROAD (90%), and STABILITY (70%). You will receive a letter from the National Maritime Center detailing the exam procedures. You should schedule your exams online at http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/rec_information.asp upon receipt of the letter. You must have paid your exam fees before you will be allowed to take your exams pay.gov.

I never thought it was going to get processed. I can tell you that I had to have had the most thorough evaluator there.
</td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]

I’m so proud of you, and I can’t wait to see the photo you take of you and your family celebrating the good news. Make sure you post it. :stuck_out_tongue:

keep me in the loop. i’m hoping to follow your footsteps here in the near future as I upgrade from 2nd to ch/mate. just starting process…

Judgement Day is upon me. At 0730 Monday, 23 November, 2009, I will enter REC Mandeville to pay my testing fees. I plan to take Rules, Deck A, Deck B, Nav General, Safety, Stability and Terrestrial first day. Then take Celestial and plotting Tuesday morning. Then possibly Tuesday afternoon take the two tests for Barge Supervisor. Hopefully I will pass everything first try. Sucks, I can’t sleep.

Drink some milk and get off the 'puter. :smiley:

Good luck.

I remember the same gut wrenching feeling. As my old Chief said, “they can’t eat you”…Good luck!

You might want to think about your worst subject and do that test last. That way you will have more time to study up on it. I passed my chief mate last year at right about this time and it really helped me to do it that way. Take your time!! This is the first time I have passed every section the 1st try!

Thanks for the advice JP. That is exactly what I am doing by taking the celestial last. I want to really go over that Monday night to make sure I hit on my weak points right before the test. I will know more after I get started today. The thing is I have never failed a Coast Guard test before, so I hope I don’t start today!!

Good luck. I doubt you have any problems. I was a little nervous, but at the end of it all, I was disappointed in how easy it was. Funny how preparation works.

Good luck Cap! Kick it in the arse!

I can’t wait for the story. You know Lee will come on here around 1700 hrs and tell us how he did, the color of the proctor’s hair, how may times he had to go pee, and how he had to go through 4 or 5 pencils to find one that didn’t have teeth marks.

This is gonna be good, get a ring side seat everybody, anchorman and capt lee at it again
:D:D