Approved to test!

2nd Mate NC & 1600 ton Master NC

Finally, it’s been a long road just get to this point and now the hard part, passing those modules. Time to study (full time…)

Good luck! I just finished 3rd mate oceans and First Class Pilot-Great Lakes this week. It is so nice to be done studying. Lapware works great.

[QUOTE=“GLMASailor;126565”] Lapware works great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Lapware and I have already got acquainted but were about to spend alot of time together…

Congrats to you!

Congrats, I think the application and evaluation process is more tedious than the exams themselves; shouldn’t be that way. Hit the lapware hard…once you identify any areas you’re consistently having trouble with just print pages and pages of those specific questions and you’ll be doing them blindfolded in short order. Personally found that printing them out and reading them off paper was better prep than the computer screen.

Congrats and best of luck! Doesn’t seem like it was to very long ago that we were trying to figure out RFPNW.

[QUOTE=Hawespiper5;126557]2nd Mate NC & 1600 ton Master NC

Finally, it’s been a long road just get to this point and now the hard part, passing those modules. Time to study (full time…)[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=GLMASailor;126565]Good luck! I just finished 3rd mate oceans and First Class Pilot-Great Lakes this week. It is so nice to be done studying. Lapware works great.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! A good way to be ready for the New Year.

What are your plans?

I used hawspipe.net and Capt. Joes CD along with lapware exams. Capt joes explains how to find the answer to most of the questions very well. And hawespipe has all the textbooks you will need for the exam on the flashdrive. Using all 3 helped me alot. Goodluck bro

Congrats. Best of luck!

[QUOTE=Hawespiper5;126557]2nd Mate NC & 1600 ton Master NC

Finally, it’s been a long road just get to this point and now the hard part, passing those modules. Time to study (full time…)[/QUOTE]

Goodluck Hawespiper. With the proper preparation you will blow this test out of the water. If you put the time in, you will not have any problems.

[QUOTE=“Texaco;126583”]Congrats and best of luck! Doesn’t seem like it was to very long ago that we were trying to figure out RFPNW.[/QUOTE]

True, I remember those days

So I’ve been studying on the boat for several months. Taught myself all the formulas (with the help of Capt. Joe’s software) except Azimuth &Amplitude and all the Tide &Current problems. Captain Bruce helped me with those. I will take time off work and study at home with Lapware and in Captain Bruces class for several weeks before testing.

Recognizing which formula is needed for the ten (aprox.) variations of Currents &Tides is what I’m workin on now. I look at the question and often draw a blank. After looking at my notes for a second I can finish the problem. Hopefully when I do a bunch of them in random order, daily that will fix itself.

Thanks for all the good wishes, that was nice to wake up to :slight_smile:

I’ll agree there, I just finished testing for 1600 master near coastal and lap ware was essential for the stuff I had gotten rusty on. Now if only they could get over this “backlog” from the shut down and print the freakin thing!