2nd Mate / 1600 Ton Crossover Exam

Hello All,

I have been approved to test for the 70 question 2nd Mate / 1600 Ton Master crossover exam. I have searched the forum, but it seems that there is very little on the content of the exam. Can anyone possibly further elaborate what is one the exam? Would Lapware help?

Thanks.

I have personally never taken it, but a couple of the guys that I work with have recently, the said Lapware for a month would do it! They said it wasn’t as hard as people made it out to be.

I took that test in 2009. All general subjects. Quite a few CFR look up questions. Not a really hard test. Lapware/ Murphy’s for a month should more than prepare you.

Im studing up for my 500 NC. I have the hawsepipe CD for 500-3rd but it isnt helping me to much. Would you guys recommend lapware for that as well? Im just a bad studier in general, I need to get cracking on it.

[QUOTE=Lost@sea;67553]Hello All,

I have been approved to test for the 70 question 2nd Mate / 1600 Ton Master crossover exam. I have searched the forum, but it seems that there is very little on the content of the exam. Can anyone possibly further elaborate what is one the exam? Would Lapware help?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I can’t endorse commercial products, but there are some that do a pretty job of identifying what’s on the exam and preparing you for it. Generally, what is on the exam is everything listed in 46 CFR Table 11.910 that has been checked as required for Master 1600 that is not checked as being required for 2nd Mate. Mostly, it’s ship’s business and regulatory compliance stuff.

Go to www.seasource.net it has all the same questions as lapware, but you don’t pay for it. Of course, it’s just a crude database of questions that you can select by subject matter, but it is free so one can’t complain.

Remember, arguing online is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you’re still retarded.