Dr. Fauci

To be fair almost everyone underestimated this virus. China. Europe. United States. Even Dr. Fauci said on 26 January,

”The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States," He continued, “It isn’t something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about.”

He later went on to say Americans should skip face masks and just wash our hands. That turned out to be bad advice.

An important thing is if a leader can adapt and overcome, and not remain trapped in dogma. Dr. Fauci has certainly adapted to the new reality. He admitted he was surprised and wrong. He has changed his battle plans.

The question is if our President can adapt and overcome. That’s a skill I think he has in spades.

Fauci doesn’t want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is “just minuscule.” But he does want them to take precautions against the “influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave.”

“We have more kids dying of flu this year at this time than in the last decade or more,” he said. “At the same time people are worrying about going to a Chinese restaurant. The threat is (we have) a pretty bad influenza season, particularly dangerous for our children.”

2 Likes

How the hell could anybody gloat about that? Weep, more like.

I think Mr. Trump is a lousy President at all times and spectacularly unfit at this time. But he’s who we’ve got, so I’m cheering like mad for him to stop lying every other time he opens his mouth, and to try to behave like a President and not a candidate.

3 Likes

After 3 years of his fake presidency it should be obvious to everyone that the man (emotionally a child) is pathologically incapable of changing his behavior.

He is no different than any of the many tyrants and dictators before him except that there still remain a shrinking number of checks to his insanity.

2 Likes

Question answered.

1 Like

I don’t see any gloating there, I see distress. You can agree with his conclusions or not, but it needs to be an accepted fact that whatever their respective faults, liberals and conservatives and independents all love their country and want to see it prosper. This game of each party hating on the other one and believing no good of them was old twenty years ago and is putrid by now. We’ve got better things to do. Cooperation is a thing.

I share your sentiment but not your optimism. What I see is a fanatical desire by a certain segment of the country to see Trump fail by any means necessary and at whatever cost including by doing harm to the country if needed. Both sides are too far down the path to back out.

There is an equal passionate desire by the other side to see him succeed. This is not driven by a love of him but rather by a intense and deep despisal of the other side and their stated agenda.

This was in place before this virus it’s just magnified now.

1 Like

Exactly right and as it should be. An all powerful leader is called a king or dictator and surely you wouldn’t advocate for that.

Proof you ask?

Oh wait, can’t trust FN right?

I’m not saying people don’t gloat (and shame on them). I’m saying I don’t see people here gloating.

I see people talking about gloating here all the time, imputing it to the other side.

I respect your position but I just disagree. The user I pointed out (and there are others) just seem to take a liiiiiiittle too much joy in all things “orange man baaaaaad”.

You request that I defend that statement:

Well, let me qualify a bit and say that I’m not sure about “I don’t think anyone is relying on him (Trump) for advice in those areas (science & medicine).” When I say “anyone”, I’m really thinking about people who are in a decision making position about how to treat the sick. I agree that some people are probably gullible about politicians and accept as true the 95% BS that comes out of their mouths.

My real point in that statement is to point out to you that I don’t see anyone in a position of managing patients or healthcare (if they’re making public statements I can read or listen to), seriously accepting the President’s always 100% hyperbolic optimism. And as far as what what he (or more properly, mostly his staff & “task force”) have DONE is nowhere that I can see in conflict with any of the reasonably reliable advice of scientists and clinicians. (Who are not 100% free of BS themselves occasionally!). And, in agreement with “Hawespiper” below, I do not see ANY example of Fauci, Birx and other experts either hiding or modifying their advice and opinions. Furthermore, Dr Fauci is on record (on a Journal of the AMA video podcast about 3 days ago) telling the editor of JAMA that the President has not failed to take his advice on any point of management (he tellingly left out rhetoric!).

So that’s what I mean by that statement. Although I’m not working any longer (and am a high risk oldster and would be turned away if I volunteered). I am fairly closely following the information stream being directed at those “in the trenches” of both patient care and care management. I pay very little attention to the hot air released by the POLITICIANS at the press conferences. THOSE are the guys who are talking to try to save their jobs!

PS (added as edit): Some people, if they take the trouble to seriously look into the verifiable evidence and facts about what Dr. Fauci is saying, and find that, indeed, he has NOT been suppressed or contradicted on any major points, will then turn the full force of their scornful rhetoric on him (already happened with Dr. Birx!) as being a “kool-aid” drinker. People will believe what they’ll believe and in a relative vacuum of solid science and fact like we’re in, some people will cling to belief in the face of any evidence to the contrary. I can only tell you that, being a 40 year fan of Dr. Anthony Fauci, you will not find anyone in or out of government with greater integrity. His integrity is great enough that he will clearly tell you that he is ONLY a scientist and NOT elected for or charged with making command decisions…especially when science offers little or no help.

1 Like

True, reminds me of “black man baaadd”

Little early for the race card don’t you think? I’ll give you a mulligan to put it back in your deck until it’s more warranted.

It is too bad that Trump isn’t a member of a protected class though. Then the usual suspects would be terrified to criticize regardless of what (s)he did.

No more a race card than “orange man bad”. Orange or black. Just a color.

Hmm… ‘black man baaaaaad’ is to ‘orange man baaaaaad’ therefore racism is to TDS… yeah, I can go with that. Good analogy

Really? Yet you persist in doing it.

funny you should mention this…I went to cnn.com and typed ‘Hillary clinton america first’ to find their story about Hilary’s “lack of gloating” so I could link it to that post and you know what I found? No result for their story on this (at least in the first three pages of results). Hence the foxnews link.

It’s really funny to me that your attempt at a ‘gotcha moment’ has actually shone further light on the bias of ‘the usual suspects’ of the MSM. For that, I thank you.

In this case however, it doesn’t matter the source as long as they accurately report what she tweeted. Hard to not call that gloating no matter what level of TDS you’re suffering from.

1 Like

Anthony Fauci’s security is stepped up as doctor and face of U.S. coronavirus response receives threats
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anthony-faucis-security-is-stepped-up-as-doctor-and-face-of-us-coronavirus-response-receives-threats/ar-BB122LOX?li=BBnb7Kz

1 Like

And therein we see the true meaning of what his cult members call the “trump derangement syndrome.”

1 Like

Perhaps he should change his name to Anthony Cassandra.

1 Like