President Trump and Melania test positive for covid

2020 not fading away gently.

It’s one way to get out of the next couple of debates.

6 Likes

It depends how severely it affects him, you have to isolate yourself from others for 10 days after you test positive or start showing symptoms, the next debate isn’t until the 15th of October so if he only has mild symptoms he should be able to do it.

WH is reporting mild symptoms.

The same WH that said it would disappear by April…

5 Likes

Here’s his chance to follow his own advice:

“Then I see the disinfectant which knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside for almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that.”

As one pundit wrote: “He finally tweeted something positive.”

The irony is his physician will likely be dosing him with remdesivir and dexamethasone, despite his “mild symptoms”. They are the only drugs known to ease the worst effects of C19. As for the hydroxychloroquine POTUS45 had been taking to prevent getting C19? I think someone’s going to be emptying out their medicine cabinet soon…

There was a debate?

4 Likes

All I saw was a sad sequel to Grumpier Old Men… Grumpiest Old Men.

1 Like

OK, I was being generous and using the TV schedule label.

Trump was no “angry old man”, he was (is) an argumentative child with nothing more to offer than annoying noise.

3 Likes

Not that any of us here are that way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The debate was ridiculous, far too much interruption from both parties, but obviously especially from Trump.

The UK only started live televised leadership debates in 2010, (probably copying Americans), there are two major parties in UK and a few smaller parties, all 4 or 5 leaders are usually on stage and they each have a couple of minutes to answer a question, everyone all other mics are cut while someone else answers, there is very little interrupting, heckling or talking over one another.

The debate the other night was just totally ridiculous for interrupting, I don’t think there were so many interruptions when Trump and Hilary Clinton were having their debates.

2 Likes

It’s the firehose of falsehood propaganda method.

It is also rapid, continuous, and repetitive, and it lacks commitment to consistency.

How many times did Trump say “Hunter Biden” “Burisma” and so forth? The goal is not defend a point of view but to make people cynical and convince them that both sides are just as corrupt.

1 Like

And they’re both right.

1 Like

Trump interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden or debate moderator Chris Wallace at least 128 times. This number dwarfed the 51 times Trump interrupted Hillary Clinton during the first presidential debate in 2016. For his part, Biden interrupted dozens of times—at various points either trying to get a word in edgewise or correct flat lies by the president—but his interruptions were no match for Trump’s.

Not just the interruptions but the “rapid, continuous and repetitive” nature.

Chris Wallace only interrupted Joe Biden 15 times.

Chris Wallace interrupted President Trump 76 times!

But does interrupting someone interrupting count as interrupting?

2 Likes

Passive aggressive behavior is for pussies. I’m not planning on voting for either but if they started slugging it out during a debate I’d vote for the winner of the fight.

2 Likes

During the debate, he mocked Biden’s habit of wearing a mask.

Sometimes God gets tired of ugly.

(edited to fix grammar)

1 Like

Wouldn’t you know it, Trump just Tweeted that we don’t need a vaccine for the Chinese flu after all & he is diverting all federal covid19 research money to building the wall?