Federal Government Crisis Management

I don’t usually chime in at the kiddy table, but I’m pissed off and not taking it anymore. I’ve jumped on Trump’s throat and I’m grinding my heel in and not letting off until the indictments are served on January 21, 2021. Enjoy.

Collectively, “Jane(s) you ignorant slut(s). As usual, you’ve (mostly) managed to miss the point entirely.” In no particular order:

1. Trump is not like an unpopular ship captain. He is the mentally challenged nephew of the yacht club commodore. He’s wearing his little yachting hat and barking at seagulls to salute him. He gets seasick at the sight of a ship, and craps his pants at the thought of getting in one.

2. In addition to travel bans and tax cuts (actually unfunded tax cuts which are not really tax cuts at all), he also has foreigner bashing and tarriffs. Tarriffs, coincidentally, are brand new taxes.

3. The point of CDC disbanding and defunding is the lack of preparedness and contigency planning. Not whether the spread of the virus would have been prevented. The reponse from the U.S. should be better than that of a third-world wannabe. Trump got caught with his pants down, and then tripped over them. But we all get to pay the price.

4. Although it is reasonable to conclude (and indeed possible) that Trump was protecting his golf courses, the more likely answers are: 1) he just forgot; or 2) Europe bad, but UK good because it left Bad Europe. Either way, not a well thought out plan. Trump is desperate and winging it.

5. @Dutchie nice paraphrase of George Carlin.

6. Is the economy going to be “killed”? Define killed (shrug). But yes, the economy is going to take a pretty good hit. The recession has already started, but we’ll have to wait and see as to how bad it will be. My prediction is that we’ll bounce back fairly quickly.

7. Finally, Europe? Seriously? What about South America, Southeast Asia and all the other places with suspect record keeping? With the slow U.S reaction, we already have a fine collection of seed cases circulating and percolating about. Travel restrictions probably had their benefits in the beginning, but not now. Now it’s all or nothing. That infected guy at McDonalds is probably cranking out a lot of new cases all on his own.

Did I miss anything?

7 Likes

Probably, but that will do to be going on with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did I miss anything?

Just your meds

2 Likes

Perhaps.

The stable genius at the top if his game.

1 Like

Yes, #1.

Trump is a rhetorical genius. Consider that for the travel ban the narrative is that Trump went up against the experts, political opposition and the media and won. But now, looking back at the battlefield there’s no evident of serious opposition.

Follow https://twitter.com/Teri_Kanefield and https://twitter.com/jenmercieca for real time analysis of Trump’s use of rhetoric . Nothing new with the methods Trump uses, just never before amplified by media like today.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/media/fox-news-coronavirus/index.html

“If you are over the mass hysteria, if you’re over politicizing and weaponizing of the coronavirus, you are not alone,” Sean Hannity, the highest-rated host on Fox News, assured the network’s prime time audience this week.

Indeed, over the past several weeks, top hosts and personalities on the conservative cable news network downplayed concerns about the virus, baselessly accusing credible news organizations of overhyping the crisis to hurt Trump politically.

1 Like

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!

Reeeeeeeeeee!

2 Likes

Trump tries to lure a German company CureVac to the US to further develop a vaccine for Americans only. The race for the presidency is in full swing. America first and f*ck the rest of the world.

Welt am Sonntag quoted an unidentified German government source as saying Trump was trying to secure the scientists’ work exclusively, and would do anything to get a vaccine for the United States, “but only for the United States.”

…at:

1. Crisis management.
  2. Reading from teleprompters.
  3. Working well with others.
  4. Grammar.

Parent/teacher conference needed.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the coverage on Fox News has shifted significantly.

The Fox Business anchor Trish Regan, whose on-air dismissal of the coronavirus as “another attempt to impeach the president” left her cable network facing a firestorm of criticism this week, has been removed from her prime-time slot for the foreseeable future, the network said on Friday.

Ms. Regan’s 8 p.m. program, “Trish Regan Primetime,” is “on hiatus until further notice,” Fox Business said in a statement. The network declined to say if Ms. Regan would continue to appear on its other programs, saying that its coverage plans for the coronavirus crisis remained in flux.

Fox Business attributed the move to “the demands of the evolving pandemic crisis coverage,” saying it was shifting resources toward daytime coverage of the pandemic and global markets. Both “Trish Regan Primetime” and its follow-up at 9, “Kennedy,” will be replaced by general-interest programs.

Still, the abrupt removal of Ms. Regan — a reliably pro-Trump personality who has twice interviewed the president — came as right-wing media stars have faced growing scrutiny for commentary that played down fears about the coronavirus and suggested that the illness had been overhyped by President Trump’s critics.

Based on your posts (which I won’t re-post here and spread) I’m calling you and Heiwa out as Putin’s troll-farmers. Both of you do a good job of melding in on this site, and then at certain point you start deliberately spewing Putin’s disinformation.

I get into heated arguments with plenty of people here who I disagree with but they’re still my fellow Americans, and my brothers. You and Heiwa are either working for Putin to divide us, or are evil/stupid enough to carry his water for him. I’m calling you out and asking gCaptain to ban you from this site for deliberately spreading disinformation.

Joe Biden will save us!

We save ourselves, by looking on presidents as servants and not gods.

IMO, POTUS45 is not serving the Republic well, so I will likely vote for Biden as POTUS46. If he doesn’t work out, I will vote for somebody else for POTUS47. That’s the great thing about being an Independent.

3 Likes

I have voted for different parties over my lifetime. Some won, some didn’t. All faced rather difficult situations during their term or terms. All faced criticism from the opposite party. I have been affected in a positive and negative manner by all the parties involved. What I try to do with some angst is to support the one in office at the time. Sour grapes serves no one.

3 Likes

Not everyone thinks this is just sour grapes because their team lost.

This is a long article but a lot of academics think there’s a lot more than that going on.

The adults were too sophisticated to see Trump’s special political talents—his instinct for every adversary’s weakness, his fanatical devotion to himself, his knack for imposing his will, his sheer staying power. They also failed to appreciate the advanced decay of the Republican Party, which by 2016 was far gone in a nihilistic pursuit of power at all costs. They didn’t grasp the readiness of large numbers of Americans to accept, even relish, Trump’s contempt for democratic norms and basic decency. It took the arrival of such a leader to reveal how many things that had always seemed engraved in monumental stone turned out to depend on those flimsy norms, and how much the norms depended on public opinion. Their vanishing exposed the real power of the presidency. Legal precedent could be deleted with a keystroke; law enforcement’s independence from the White House was optional; the separation of powers turned out to be a gentleman’s agreement; transparent lies were more potent than solid facts. None of this was clear to the political class until Trump became president.

Parker give specific examples from the Defense and State Departments.

Some other reading:

This is a quick read and under $10.

2 Likes

“A republic, if you can keep it…”

1 Like

Jennifer Rubin: “Trump has neither the mental capacity nor the emotional tools to lead in a crisis.”

It is daily becoming more obvious to more people that Trump is manifestly unfit for any position of leadership.

As was demonstrated to the world in packed stadiums and through political leverage in the 1930s and 40s, there will always be a large group of people who worship his ilk until their dying breath.

2 Likes

Take comfort in the fact that the only democratic party candidate with any chance of beating him is all but locked in.

1 Like

I was talking to my brother in the spring before the Trump vs Hillary thing. My thought at the the time"No way Hillary loses" he had a delayed reaction although small, wait for it before you decide. Because my son had bought tickets for Va Tech vs Miami and got delayed by numerous typhoons trying to get from Japan to Diego Garcia, I found myself with tickets to that awesome venue. Of course I asked my brother to go. On the way there, in a subtle manner , he asked me to count how many Hillary signs I saw as opposed to Trump signs on the way to Blacksburg from Smithfield Va. I counted less than ten, and that was a long drive. This is off topic from travel ban but other posters bent into this politics stuff. Grapes are on sale this week, wear your mask. By the way, Va Tech won.

1 Like

Hillary won Montgomery County where Blacksburg is located and won the state by 300,000, the national total by 3M, so, so much for lawn signs.

1 Like