Crowley/fairwater

Anyone got hired with fairwater? Doing my physical and such next week. On my paperwork it says I’m going to the Resolve a 650 class. Does anyone know anything about the 650 class? Own room? Starlink? Or another good info… thanks!

1 Like

I dont know anything about fairwater, but how did you find the position? Through Crowley’s website or elsewhere?

Fairwater is a merger between Crowley/SEABULK for their ATBs

All the hiring for fairwater is still through Crowley at the moment… it’s on the Crowley website.

1 Like

Having your own room depends on what rate you’re sailing as, and length of the trip if you’re an AE. If you have a shared room, you’ll be on opposite schedules and have your own head. All of the Crowley boats had Starlink earlier this year, I doubt that disappeared with the merge.

I’m sailing as a 3rd mate.

1 Like

I used to work on 650 ATBs for a few years. It will be the 4x8 watch more than likely for the 3M. You’ll have your own room across from the captain. Small room but large head/shower. All cargo valves and pumps are locally operated. Ballast valves are pneumatic and are supposed to be operable from the CCR, but they always have problems and get put in local/hand. Ballast water treatment system is awful. Tying up is not like a ship (ie no “all hands”). It’s the mate and AB on watch plus a utility.
Easy enough job once you figure out the cargo system. Good luck.

2 Likes