Closed thread?

What on earth is a closed thread? And why is the OICNW policy letter thread closed?

[QUOTE=New3M;52043]What on earth is a closed thread?[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, no new replies can be added to the thread, in essence, that discussion is closed. While I’m not familiar with the particulars of this message board software, this can often be accomplished by the original poster but is more frequently done by a moderator or admin due to some potential violation of the Terms of Service. Not my place to speculate, so I won’t…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Cal;52047]For whatever reason, no new replies can be added to the thread, in essence, that discussion is closed. While I’m not familiar with the particulars of this message board software, this can often be accomplished by the original poster but is more frequently done by a moderator or admin due to some potential violation of the Terms of Service. Not my place to speculate, so I won’t…:)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… I’ll take a look

[QUOTE=anchorman;52048]Hmmm… I’ll take a look[/QUOTE]

Don’t know how it was closed, I have the ability to open it, but I didn’t close it. So, I’ll let it be. Doesn’t make much sense though.

I didn’t close the OICNW thread. Someone closed Ashley’s thread, probably one of the admins. Finally. What a CF that was getting to be.

Which thread are we talking about? As far as that Ashley thread, don’t get me started…

[QUOTE=Mikey;52073]Which thread are we talking about?[/QUOTE]

“New OICNW Policy Letter” in the Maritime Topics, Maritime Training & Licensing sub-forum

Odd thread to close… That OICNW Policy Letter 11-07 only represents the biggest change to upgrading for deck hawsepipers in years.

I just opened it back up.

[QUOTE=dougpine;52080]I just opened it back up.[/QUOTE]
[B]ok now go post on that one so it gets back to “new” posts list…lol[/B]

[QUOTE=NAUTICART;52081][B]ok now go post on that one so it gets back to “new” posts list…lol[/B][/QUOTE]

Hahah I can’t do everything!

Save your crew from a sinking tug…

Now everyone is looking for your next great feat! LOL!

I don’t know because I’ve never tried, but if the person that initiates a thread has the ability to close their thread, is it possible that Chief Cavo closed it (for whatever reason).

My next great feat will be to one day go to sea and return with nothing worthy of a story. I’d like that very much.

[QUOTE=Cal;52087]I don’t know because I’ve never tried, but if the person that initiates a thread has the ability to close their thread, is it possible that Chief Cavo closed it (for whatever reason).[/QUOTE]

I don’t thinbk I can close it. When this was first suggested I went back and couldn’t see how I could either close it, or re-open it. But even if I could, I wouldn’t. One of the reasons I put it there was to initiate a discussion, so I’m not likely to close it. If I don’t care for the comments, I don’t have to read them.