Cheaper hotel rates?

I am headed up to anchorage for my SIU physical in a few weeks ,i asked the union hall if they had a hotel tat gave better rates for mariners and they didn’t know of any
it is tourist trap season up here in Alaska right now and hotel rates are ungodly high right now so any discount ,no matter how small could buy a few cases of beer [if i drank]

[QUOTE=exodus;186755]I am headed up to anchorage for my SIU physical in a few weeks ,i asked the union hall if they had a hotel tat gave better rates for mariners and they didn’t know of any
it is tourist trap season up here in Alaska right now and hotel rates are ungodly high right now so any discount ,no matter how small could buy a few cases of beer [if i drank][/QUOTE]

Not sure if it will help, but I travel on my own nickel for my photography and I use Priceline quite a bit. It DOES save me a bunch of money, but may not be of any help up there.

Airbnb has great options in most places.

Look at hostels or backpacker lodges. Some are better than others but you won’t spend all your money.

56 bucks plus tax for private room. May be shared shower/head.

http://arcticadventurehostel.com/

[QUOTE=catherder;186835]Look at hostels or backpacker lodges. Some are better than others but you won’t spend all your money.

56 bucks plus tax for private room. May be shared shower/head.

http://arcticadventurehostel.com/[/QUOTE]

I"ve done the hostel in anchorage in the off season,they are in the worse part of town,this is the tourist season and they are lways full of college students in the summer so that is not an option for me

[QUOTE=captaint76;186834]Airbnb has great options in most places.[/QUOTE]

now that looks interesting ,never heard of anything like that before

Yep. I actually have a room like that in the back of my own house.

Coast international, about $165.00 a night now , free shuttle and breakfast.
Also restaurant & bar inside

I’ve stayed at coast a few times,decent place if ya can get past the urine smell

[QUOTE=exodus;187017]I’ve stayed at coast a few times,decent place if ya can get past the urine smell[/QUOTE]

You would not believe some of the smells I have experienced in west African hotels. . . or maybe you can. . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;187097]You would not believe some of the smells I have experienced in west African hotels. . . or maybe you can. . .[/QUOTE]

I’d really rather not . Dingy and an anchor sounds like a much better option