Censorship issue

Are Trumpists actually angry? I kinda doubt that, but I’d love to hear how Christmas goes. I have a feelng it will mostly be grumbling. They don’t have much to talk about with the emperor tottering around nearly buck-assed naked. We’ll soon be back to constant liberal bashing about unimportant things.

The big question is what will the legacy media talk about? Their entire model was pure TDS and having slayed him, they’ve slayed their revenue. That’s sooooo sad.

2 Likes

There may appear to be a bias at times but my point is not so much what is being said but who is saying it. Long time members who have contributed to the maritime side should be able to discuss other topics.

The issue is new members or members who rarely post and then come onto the forum with ten consecutive posts about some topic or drag a thread off topic.

This is the reason for the bias. New members that post on politics typically don’t join to discuss the most recent Fed policy paper. They want to discuss (or troll) about something they found on the internet somewhere.

You are probably right. They won’t be out in the streets demanding to defund the police and tearing statues down. I doubt they will be hash tagging ‘not my president’ on everything either.

My Facebook feed is loaded with pissed of Trump voters. Definitely more offensive hashtags than “not my President”

I did grow up in the south though, so my sample size is a little skewed

May I suggest some reading material to take your mind off it.

3 Likes

Yeah…I would ´probably see that too if I hadn’t unfollowed a big heap of folks as “retribution” for all the Russian sponsored memes in 2016.

Mine is too. The reality of it is, if the shoe was on the other foot, the same exact thing would be happening if trump won…only worse. That is my opinion based on the current events of the last few months.
Like everything else, the media has their hands in fanning the flames.

3 Likes

…but we wouldn’t have had the streets filled with happy smiling people.

Whatever is best for the greater good at this point.
Based on voting statistics, for almost every happy person in the street, there is a counterpart at home that isn’t happy. Most would agree the country has been almost perfectly divided

I wonder how many happy mariners are dancing in the streets? One of my co-workers told me i don’t have to worry about the oil industry. They will still need tugboats to push barges full of rocks around. He did warn me those jobs pay less though. (In case its missed, reread the last with sarcasm in mind.) And tugs will need sails.
If you are like him and less than 10 years from retirement, thats an easy pill to swallow i guess.

I feel that pain. I had just come back to work only to be dinged by the Corona. I know there’s concern about the energy industry, but I don’t think any president, even one that’s talking the green game, can change the oil market. Of course, less fracking means more offshore…

1 Like

Lee Shore , you are a prince sir, Gave me an awesome second chuckle of the day. Two complete novels, for 35 cents. Got a call from my charter buddy today ,he and his kid are doing great. Check out “Oceans East” tackle shop near Whalebone Junction. That’s my guy I rent to. He will put you on the fish.

I don’t think it’s generational. I usually try not to bring up topics that might cause a stir with my lookout because the last I want is for him to hate me and decide he’s not gonna tell me about a contact. However my last two hitches I’ve had the same AB all 4 months, so naturally we became pretty close spending 8+ hrs a day standing watch together and those topics come up, especially with an election looming. It’s not like I was walking down to the engine at 3 am asking the 3/AE and the QMED their opinions, or bringing it up at dinner (although, the damn RO and MDR can’t help themselves).