Best Pay

Which boat companies offer the best pay in the Gulf?

Someone mentioned that he has recently lost crewmen off his boat to a competing company that is trying to be the highest paying company in the Gulf. Which company is trying to be the highest paying in the Gulf?

Which companies will need to do the most hiring over the next few months?

1 Like

Bouchard is accepting applications and phone interviews. If you leave in the gulf or north east. The best way to get in is by sending your resume to personnel@bouchardtransport.com along with copies of your mmd and twic. The starting pay is good and advancement oppourtunties are readily available do to an aging fleet. The equiptment is the best out there and the work is steady.

if by starting pay you mean the same pay as 6 years ago then yes the pays good

Bouchard is accepting applications and phone interviews. If you leave in the gulf or north east. The best way to get in is by sending your resume to personnel@bouchardtransport.com along with copies of your mmd and twic. The starting pay is good and advancement oppourtunties are readily available do to an aging fleet. The equiptment is the best out there and the work is steady.

Not sure where this is coming from when you read everything else on gCaptain about what a lousy company Bouchard if to work for (that is if you can actually keep working for them by them not getting fired on some whim over a wild hair).

Regarding the offshore service companies in the GoM, there is lots of competition for qualified labor during the good times so wages seem to be fairly close. Supposedly Otto Candies pays the best of everybody in the GoM but I don’t believe ECO is far behind if at all. What you bring to the table regarding experience and creds determines alot of what you’d be able to earn.

Have to agree with C-Captain on this one. I have never worked for Bouchard but I heard it is very easy to get canned there. If you’re looking for flat out pay only, Candies is a good paying company, but the benefits could be better. Atleast they were not that great 3 years ago. GOL is another company that pays a good wage and then so does ECO.

best pay and Bouchard in the same forum? Depends on what your sailing as. Engineers are underpaid over at bouchard, thats for sure.

Ahhhh. I’m sorry guys I just got it. April fools joke.

1 Like

That post isn’t April fools

ECO pay is decent and consistent, plus the training is outta sight man, but rumor has it that GOL is paying really high and has been caught poaching in the pumpkin patch. I like money as much as my creditors do but I like consistency over company jumping too especially since when times get tough the highest paid usually get cut quickest.

Advancing at bouchard is easy, in a week the guy above you will get canned, ofcourse a week after that so will you

Looking for a few guys who work at ECO, have a few questions, ran into a chief from there the other day and he quoted some awesome wages for engineers, can anyone confirm this ???

So…what are the current day rates for captains and mates at Candies, ECO, GOL, HOS, Harvey, etc…

$800 for 6000ITC at Candies
$750 for 6000ITC at Harvey
~$750 for AHTS (6000ITC) at ECO. ~$660 for OSV
~$725 for OSV at GOL

That’s the best I can figure.For lead capts. Reliefs obviously are making less

ECO has given out another raise? If thats the case…Think this makes them the top paying company…

[QUOTE=nolacapt;66434]$800 for 6000ITC at Candies
$750 for 6000ITC at Harvey
~$750 for AHTS (6000ITC) at ECO. ~$660 for OSV
~$725 for OSV at GOL

That’s the best I can figure.For lead capts. Reliefs obviously are making less[/QUOTE]

These numbers will be changing very quickly…

[QUOTE=swift sure;67203]ECO has given out another raise? If thats the case…Think this makes them the top paying company…[/QUOTE]

Till another company decides to trump them

What company is candies

Otto Candies LLC

www.ottocandies.com

Wow those are some sick boats! I would love to just hop on and go for a spin!

Here lately the pay scales are changing proportionally as often as gas prices.