Anybody have an MMC with 200 ton NC Master and 500 ITC (OSV)?

Looking to find out exactly how your credential states these ratings?

Thanks,

No such thing as a 500 ITC OSV. 200 GRT gets you 500 ITC none restricted.

What jemplayer said. I currently hold it.

[QUOTE=Ctony;148685]What jemplayer said. I currently hold it.[/QUOTE]

Is this printed as 500ITC in your booklet Ctony? Did you ask for it with your application?

Thanks

[QUOTE=roundabout;148912]Is this printed as 500ITC in your booklet Ctony? Did you ask for it with your application?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask. It used to be printed in the booklet…and yes when I upgraded a few years ago I remember putting on my application 200/500 itc

I upgraded a different endorsement of mine a couple months ago and when I got my new book, the 500 itc was gone. I called the nmc and asked about it and they said I still am good to 500 itc, it just isn’t printed in the book anymore. Sounded odd to me. I have verified myself by going to the nmc’s link for credential verification and it says for stcw/international I’m good for less than 500 itc.

[QUOTE=Ctony;148913]Funny you should ask. It used to be printed in the booklet…and yes when I upgraded a few years ago I remember putting on my application 200/500 itc

I upgraded a different endorsement of mine a couple months ago and when I got my new book, the 500 itc was gone. I called the nmc and asked about it and they said I still am good to 500 itc, it just isn’t printed in the book anymore. Sounded odd to me. I have verified myself by going to the nmc’s link for credential verification and it says for stcw/international I’m good for less than 500 itc.[/QUOTE

I started with 100 ton master 200 ton mate and with sea time auto upgraded to 200 master. Since I had all needed verification for STCW 95 with my upgrade… my license was printed 200 master / 500 (ITC) …the STCW gets you from domestic to foreign. and that puts you into the International Tonnage Commision category.

Does that sound right, it’s the way I understood it.

[QUOTE=wavesailor;148915][QUOTE=Ctony;148913]Funny you should ask. It used to be printed in the booklet…and yes when I upgraded a few years ago I remember putting on my application 200/500 itc

I upgraded a different endorsement of mine a couple months ago and when I got my new book, the 500 itc was gone. I called the nmc and asked about it and they said I still am good to 500 itc, it just isn’t printed in the book anymore. Sounded odd to me. I have verified myself by going to the nmc’s link for credential verification and it says for stcw/international I’m good for less than 500 itc.[/QUOTE

I started with 100 ton master 200 ton mate and with sea time auto upgraded to 200 master. Since I had all needed verification for STCW 95 with my upgrade… my license was printed 200 master / 500 (ITC) …the STCW gets you from domestic to foreign. and that puts you into the International Tonnage Commision category.

Does that sound right, it’s the way I understood it.[/QUOTE]

From what jdcavo says I would say that sounds right. Now wether they are actually putting it in your booklet seems to be still open for debate.

[QUOTE=roundabout;148932][QUOTE=wavesailor;148915]

From what jdcavo says I would say that sounds right. Now wether they are actually putting it in your booklet seems to be still open for debate.[/QUOTE]

As far as it being printed in the book, like I said it used to be. Maybe wavesailor hasn’t renewed lately which is why he still has his.

Being that your time is before mar 24 may help your cause…if not, it sounds like to get the 500 itc now, you have to have all the other stcw bells and whistles perhaps.

To upgrade in the future you will need those courses anyway.

From what I’ve seen, the 500 itc is only helpful if you wanted to run a less than 100 ton boat overseas. There’s an exception to everything though.

In response to issuance, my book was printed June 2011, so many things have changed since then.

I have submitted for upgrade 500/1600 nc master and have just before thanksgiving been approved to test. Will be glad when dealing with all of this is finished.

Here’s language from the little red book from March, 2013:

Master. Limited to auxiliary sail vessels of not more than 200 Gross Register Tons (Domestic Tonnage), 500 Gross Tons (ITC Tonnage) Not valid for service on ECDIS equipped vessels after December 31, 2016.

As noted by others, the language may have changed since that date.

[QUOTE=water;148940]Here’s language from the little red book from March, 2013:

Master. Limited to auxiliary sail vessels of not more than 200 Gross Register Tons (Domestic Tonnage), 500 Gross Tons (ITC Tonnage) Not valid for service on ECDIS equipped vessels after December 31, 2016.

As noted by others, the language may have changed since that date.[/QUOTE]

It has changed. See the 4th row on page 1 of Enclosure 3 to NVIC 2-14.

[QUOTE=Ctony;148937][QUOTE=roundabout;148932]

As far as it being printed in the book, like I said it used to be. Maybe wavesailor hasn’t renewed lately which is why he still has his.

Being that your time is before mar 24 may help your cause…if not, it sounds like to get the 500 itc now, you have to have all the other stcw bells and whistles perhaps.

To upgrade in the future you will need those courses anyway.

From what I’ve seen, the 500 itc is only helpful if you wanted to run a less than 100 ton boat overseas. There’s an exception to everything though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I hope to run Ctony, crewboat overseas ,(I have all the stcw stuff but the newest one) good thing we have Dr. Cavo to keep us updated on all these CONSTANT changes. Jeez Marie, can’t wait to retire! this gets more ridiculous yearly!!!

[QUOTE=roundabout;148932]

From what I’ve seen, the 500 itc is only helpful if you wanted to run a less than 100 ton boat overseas. There’s an exception to everything though.[/QUOTE]

As a clarification, a 99 GRT crewboat working overseas will likely have dual tonnage, both GRT and GT (ITC). I.E. 99 GRT and say, 370 ITC. That is where the 500 ITC license endorsement comes in.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;148941]It has changed. See the 4th row on page 1 of Enclosure 3 to NVIC 2-14.[/QUOTE]

I can see the evaluators screwing it up, but not the printer, but well it is the NMC. 2nd Captain on here got his book back 2 weeks ago has 500 Gross Tons (ITC Tonnage) Not valid for service on ECDIS equipped vessels after December 31, 2016. Maybe I’ll get a printer that hasn’t read the changes too…

The ECDIS restriction means it’s an STCW endorsement. As already explained here, STCW endorsements are now only GT and licenses are only GRT.

I have a 200 GRT master NC it reads:

Limited to vessels of less than 200 Gross Register Tons (Domestic Tonnage). Limited to near coastal voyages. Not valid after December 31, 2016. Not valid for service on ECDIS equipped vessels after December 31, 2016.

So why is the endorsement not valid after 12/31/16? Is the 200 ton license not recognized by STCW after that date?

[QUOTE=fishyluke;150641]I have a 200 GRT master NC it reads:

Limited to vessels of less than 200 Gross Register Tons (Domestic Tonnage). Limited to near coastal voyages. Not valid after December 31, 2016. Not valid for service on ECDIS equipped vessels after December 31, 2016.

So why is the endorsement not valid after 12/31/16? Is the 200 ton license not recognized by STCW after that date?[/QUOTE]

I’ve got an unlimited 2nd Mates license, and mine says that as well, so I don’t think it has to do with your specific license. I believe (and someone correct me if I’m wrong) that ECDIS is a requirement for all deck officers after Dec 31, 2016. It’s worded confusingly on the license, but that’s the impression I’ve gotten.

I believe it has to do with not having ECDIS. Doesn’t that endorsement become required for everyone after 1/1/17?

I will still be valid, but only on vessels NOT equipped with ECDIS, after that date. If you want to work on an Ecdis equipped vessel after that date you must have an endorsement for such.

Even though ECDIS is not required until 2017, I have already seen some job postings for 199 GRT tugs that say “ECDIS required,” or “ECDIS preferred.” Try explaining to an HR girl that “Not Valid after 2016” does not apply to you, or to their particular vessel.

Same thing with the new Leadership and Management course, and is also why the licenses say “Not valid after 2017.” That course is required for all management level licenses over 500 GT. It won’t be long before we’ll start seeing job postings that say “STCW Leadership and Management certificate required” or “preferred.”

Its too bad that the IMO had to set it up this way. Who wants “Not Valid” printed all over their license?