Another Anti-shot Covid Rant

It’s vaccine-derived polio. They don’t like to mention this, but a certain percentage of everyone vaccinated with the live virus polio vaccine develops polio, despite the wild type being extinct pretty much everywhere.

Polio has been found in wastewater in communities with a high percentage of recent African immigrants for decades. The young man recently traveled abroad and returned with a paralytic disease which was declared as polio on flimsy evidence. Then there was an attempt to call it community spread on even flimsier evidence.

It’s a bald faced lie, and they know it.

You know why all those people are still getting live virus polio vaccines despite it giving people polio and allowing opportunity for the virus to mutate and escape the current IPV vaccine? Money. It’s cheaper. That’s it.

Attempting to use a case of polio acquired through vaccinating against polio as a reason to vaccinate against polio is some pretty magical thinking.

He was obviously referring to “Rockland County, Long Island.” Rockland County is not on Long Island.

2 Likes

So true. I tried to get boosted a year ago and the Nurse looked shocked when I told her my physical reaction to the second Pfizer shot. And studies are coming out saying that spike proteins can stick to your heart recently.
Scary stuff. I will stick to vitamins.

3 Likes

COVID who?

Vaccine is perfectly safe. No cause of swollen hearts or sudden death. Nope, that’s just bs talking points. Oh wait, lots of peer reviewed studies say…….

2 Likes

The US hasn’t used the live virus vaccine in 20 years.

The individual who had paralytic polio had not traveled abroad, and instead they traced it to a gathering he had been at with somebody who had traveled abroad. And he was unvaccinated.

Go find some other minuscule hair to split.

1 Like

You didn’t even read my post and you’re disputing confirmed facts about the case.

Bolding is mine.

On July 18, 2022, the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) notified CDC of detection of poliovirus type 2 in stool specimens from an unvaccinated immunocompetent young adult from Rockland County, New York, who was experiencing acute flaccid weakness. The patient initially experienced fever, neck stiffness, gastrointestinal symptoms, and limb weakness. The patient was hospitalized with possible acute flaccid myelitis (AFM). Vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (VDPV2) was detected in stool specimens obtained on days 11 and 12 after initial symptom onset. To date, related Sabin-like type 2 polioviruses have been detected in wastewater* in the patient’s county of residence and in neighboring Orange County up to 25 days before (from samples originally collected for SARS-CoV-2 wastewater monitoring) and 41 days after the patient’s symptom onset. The last U.S. case of polio caused by wild poliovirus occurred in 1979, and the World Health Organization Region of the Americas was declared polio-free in 1994. This report describes the second identification of community transmission of poliovirus in the United States since 1979; the previous instance, in 2005, was a type 1 VDPV (1). The occurrence of this case, combined with the identification of poliovirus in wastewater in neighboring Orange County, underscores the importance of maintaining high vaccination coverage to prevent paralytic polio in persons of all ages.

1 Like

Bolding is mine.

Case Findings

In June 2022, a young adult with a 5-day history of low-grade fever, neck stiffness, back and abdominal pain, constipation, and 2 days of bilateral lower extremity weakness visited an emergency department and was subsequently hospitalized with suspected AFM; the patient was unvaccinated against polio (Figure). As part of national AFM surveillance,† the suspected case was reported to NYSDOH and then to CDC. The patient was discharged to a rehabilitation facility 16 days after symptom onset with ongoing lower extremity flaccid weakness. A combined nasopharyngeal/oropharyngeal swab and cerebrospinal fluid sample were negative by reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) testing for enteroviruses and human parechovirus, as well as for a panel of common respiratory pathogens and encephalitic viruses by molecular methods (2). RT-PCR and sequencing of a stool specimen by the NYSDOH laboratory identified poliovirus type 2. Specimens were tested at CDC using RT-PCR (3) and sequencing, confirming the presence of poliovirus type 2 in both stool specimens. Additional sequencing identified the virus as VDPV2 (*4*), differing from the Sabin 2 vaccine strain by 10 nucleotide changes in the region encoding the viral capsid protein, VP1, suggesting transmission for up to 1 year although the location of that transmission is unknown.

Based on the typical incubation period for paralytic polio, the presumed period of exposure occurred 7 to 21 days before the onset of paralysis.§ Epidemiologic investigation revealed that the patient attended a large gathering 8 days before symptom onset and had not traveled internationally during the presumed exposure period. No other notable or known potential exposures were identified.

2 Likes

Hey look!

Gee how about that.

During the presumed exposure period.

Vaccine derived polio virus has been found in communities with recent African immigrants or other areas that still use OPV for decades. They use OPV because it’s cheaper. Why don’t we send them out IPV doses? Oh, right.

The young man did travel abroad. That’s not disputed and likely where he contracted his paralytic disease.

The certainty that if you import immigrants from areas still using OPV you will eventually end up with someone with a paralytic disease testing positive in stool samples doesn’t mean anything, especially if that person traveled abroad recently or was immunocompromised.

It’s a baldfaced lie.

Holy hell you just don’t give up.

I’m glad that one of our members knows so much more than the CDC.

It’s more effective and doesn’t require health care professionals or sterile needles.

Because they don’t have the health care infrastructure to mass administer IPV.

Sailors arguing with scientists geez. Since when did vaccines become political and everyone became an expert? My personal experience with vaccines? I am old enough to remember when the polio vaccine first became available and all the parents lined us up at the local school to get ours. I HATED needles but got mine because they said that once polio was under control they could open the swimming pools again. Later after the swimming pools were open we got another polio vaccine but it was oral, on a sugar cube so no sweat. In order to be allowed to go to public school I also had to have small pox, diphtheria and whooping cough vaccine. Didn’t have chicken pox or measles vaccines as they were unavailable at that time and I contracted both. Measles damn near killed my young self and led to rheumatic fever but I survived and made sure my offspring got every vaccine available. Later my employers required me to get all manner of vaccines depending on where I was working, typhoid, yellow fever etc. Some even required flu vaccine. I had the option of refusing those vaccines and being unemployed.
However if one doesn’t want to take a vaccine due to some social media BS by all means don’t, Darwin works in strange and mysterious ways to improve the gene pool.
But pay little to my opinion, I still consume gluten and a little animal based protein.

Do you have a source for that other than your own assertion? Sources have been provided saying you’re wrong and so far all we’ve gotten in reply is you crying that you’re right and they’re wrong. That’s not very convincing.

1 Like

Like I said, it’s cheaper.

All the people acting like vaccine mandates by employers are new and special have horrible memories. Just a year ago I was required by a new employer to get a MMR booster and a meningitis vaccine. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You know what also causes myocarditis? Viral infections! (You’ve probably had myocarditis in your life caused my the cold or flu.) Looking at the study you posted it looks like COVID-19 causes significantly more cases of myocarditis than the vaccine so getting the vaccine actually decreases your risk of myocarditis.

Where I work the officers overwhelmingly voted on a blind vote to maintain the company’s COVID vaccine mandate.

You anti vaxxers—- are you allowing your employees to vote, or are you mandating they arent allowed the protection they would prefer?

County health officials, all the initial reporting?

I guess it’s too much to ask for you to research a topic before commenting but 10 minutes of Googling would save you a lot of grief.

1 Like