Acronyms and such

Man you guys sure do use a lot of them ,and a noob like me is rather lost when reading some of the threads here ,i can decipher a lot of the those used for companies,but what the name of the company is is something else

so far i have only figured out a couple of them :
GoM gulf of mexico
NMC national maritime center
MSC military sealift command
SCTW [?] don’t know what it stands for ,but i know it is required for international trips

Is there a glossary,index or something like that here that will help me to understand what they mean ??

if nothing else ? can ya post up the ones you can think of\know ?? greatly appreciated is possible

thanks

[QUOTE=exodus;183332]Man you guys sure do use a lot of them ,and a noob like me is rather lost when reading some of the threads here ,i can decipher a lot of the those used for companies,but what the name of the company is is something else

so far i have only figured out a couple of them :
GoM gulf of mexico
NMC national maritime center
MSC military sealift command
SCTW [?] don’t know what it stands for ,but i know it is required for international trips

Is there a glossary,index or something like that here that will help me to understand what they mean ??

if nothing else ? can ya post up the ones you can think of\know ?? greatly appreciated is possible

thanks[/QUOTE]

STCW: Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping. You might want to give Google and Wikipedia a shot…
If you find out who Joe Beaux/Boss is, please let me know.

LMAO = laughing my ass off

DILLIGAF = Does it look like I give a f***

SNAFU
FUBAR

Have fun decoding

Wafi…fng…

This thread is going to go about as well as I would expect it to.

WAFI
One of the best acronyms ever.

Idk. . . .

Situation Normal, All Fouled Up.
Boy do I hear that a lot.

[QUOTE=farmerfalconer;183372]Situation Normal, All Fouled Up.
Boy do I hear that a lot.[/QUOTE]

left over from WWII very much like “Kilroy was here”

anyway, it isn’t “fouled up” and you know it!

[QUOTE=c.captain;183373]left over from WWII very much like “Kilroy was here”

anyway, it isn’t “fouled up” and you know it![/QUOTE]

Actually I didnt know that. Makes sense now that you mention it though. My dad taught me it as a little kid, hence the “fouled up”.

hmmm looks like we got a bunch of rocket scientists here ,baring the last couple of posters

SAYANG

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;183334]STCW: Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping. You might want to give Google and Wikipedia a shot…
If you find out who Joe Beaux/Boss is, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

i already went there with the ones i know ,NMC was the only successful one and it was #3 down

Rocket surgeon is the correct term I thought…

[QUOTE=exodus;183378]hmmm looks like we got a bunch of rocket scientists here ,baring the last couple of posters

SAYANG

• Updated - - -

i already went there with the ones i know ,NMC was the only successful one and it was #3 down[/QUOTE]

Bravo Zulu. Now try this: http://www.marineterms.com/terms-categories/abbreviations.html?limit=20&start=180

FNG

Since you’re new and what not

401k = Piggy Bank

BOHICA -> Bend over, here it comes again.

Usually applies to crew change

MSC - More Shit Coming

RTFM - Read the fucking manual

Perfect answer to many a stupid question.